BC Fishing Reports banner

Vedder conditions????

2K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  Britguy 
you should have introduced yourself...Just because your a member of the G.A.Y. (Gut tossing Ass'c. of Yarrow) club!!! you don' need to be afraid, even though these guys are outfishing you shouldn't be too ashamed of your short..comings!!! :happy:

kingpin said:
hey i dont take offence to G.A.Y. i live in Sardis. :p
Damn...can't come up with anything for that....yet!!! :confused: But it's all good..Hope no one thinks any of this wasn't pretty much all tongue in cheek...And NO merc. not those cheeks... :naughty:

It was a good time today and watching Rick and some weird joe with a bad goatee bombing the line is always a lesson.....If I'm going to drive all that way and fish all day and not catch anything, it's allot funner doing it with a fly..(at least that's my excuse)

:peace: out!!!!

Was out today, river conditions were nice, one seriously cold mother though this morning...Wish I had a temp gauge with me as I'll bet the water was below 40* easy....Now as far as fishing goes, it was the busiest I've seen the river including weekends...Lickman looked like someone had planted a fence around it...all you could see were tiny dots standing next to each other all the way down to the train bridge...What was funny to me was it was mostly old timers with a few younger guys here and there...They do NOT MOVE...Found a spot that is spey friendly and had guys actually moving ever so slowly through, (except for our brothers from the other side of the Atlantic who seem to not only NOT move but when they do decide to think it's fine to cut in below, never fails this time of year huh? Kind of makes you wonder where your tax dollars are going doesn't it?)

I am developing a real hatred for Simms waders as after my new pair of guides started leaking after 6 trips and have been sent back, my old pair that were recently repaired decided to start leaking again in the same spot, (right boot) and after a couple hours I couldn't feel that foot anymore...had some ice on the guides but not to bad..but damn!!! once you got something cold it doesn't want to warm up to quick...I had one fish take today and lost it because I was lazy and didn't bother to check my knots good enough...What really sucks is when I tied my fly on I even thought it wasn't right but after a couple good pulls said "to hell with it" and fished it and lost it...Lesson there for everyone I guess...

Sorry for the vent, was a suck week with my computer blowing up and losing everything on it and a flooded basement...Then to top it off, one of my daughters decided "We" needed to go on a diet...(Misery loves company) and I've spent all week eating rabbit food. So.... I enjoyed a couple good cigars and watched the eagles today (which never fails to fascinate me) worked out some casting kinks and left the river feeling better then when I arrived which I guess is the point of all of it anyways....By the way, anyone heard of eating mashed cauliflower like mashed potato's? how do people think of this stuff??

Hotrod, were you in Reaction around 6 tonight? If so, that was me trying to find something the buggers would hit..
Also fished today, damn DAMN cold till afternoon, then wind died down and quite nice, till twilight when you could feel the cold breath of death creeping down your back..Was surprisingly quiet in most spots on the lower today and I got to fish a few spots I've been wanting to see...Nothing to report but more fly eating bushes...Was down lower near sunset and the Eagles were on the beach and flying over me from the trees, was quite a sight...no one around, nice sunset, good cigar..days like this make it all worthwhile...

hotrod said:
Xgolfman, yeah that was me in reaction last night. What a nice little shop that is. Were you the one who had those big flies at the counter or the the other guy? I was hoping to get out again this week but looking like it might not happen. It was some tough fishing for me yesterday.Did a lot of exploring and hiking that will hopefully pay dividends later!

Hotrod
I was the one with Hair.. :happy: grey beard, bought a couple of the skagit minnows which are pretty big as I hate tying them...Weren't you also buying up some pretty good sized intruders???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.