BC Fishing Reports banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
no one was having much success from wat i could see today... not many guys out but the spey chuckers outnumbered the gut slingers badly... had to watch my back out there :happy:

How does Yarrow get dragged into your cheesy acronyms :confused:, many a fine rod has come out of that little town, and BTW we have the highest beer and wine store per capita in the province :beerchug:
Cheers,
Crazy D

Discussion starter · #26 ·
ha ha ha nice CD :thumbup: are you sure Surrey has alot too :happy:

OK so i aksed about the conditions and here is what ive gotten.

fishing SLOW!! clarity not great but fishable. And there's a bunch of gays out there :confused: LOL :beerchug: good to hear that the "happy" guys were out and I bet they hit fish Birdman :naughty: Oh and a "***" is a cigarette for those of you not familiar with proper english LOL :happy: (british)

thanks to those that "actually" talked about the river, you know who you are :thumbup:

kingpin said:
hey i dont take offence to G.A.Y. i live in Sardis. :p
Damn...can't come up with anything for that....yet!!! :confused: But it's all good..Hope no one thinks any of this wasn't pretty much all tongue in cheek...And NO merc. not those cheeks... :naughty:

It was a good time today and watching Rick and some weird joe with a bad goatee bombing the line is always a lesson.....If I'm going to drive all that way and fish all day and not catch anything, it's allot funner doing it with a fly..(at least that's my excuse)

:peace: out!!!!

Hook, dude of the four gas staion/corner stores three are beer and wine stores which btw open before 8, then there's dukes with both 5 min away, we gotcha buddy :thumbup:
CD
The river looked pretty sloppy at the kw bridge later this afternoon that milky grey color

jetboatjim said:
I know your joking, I'm just giving you a hard time! ;D ;)

Conditions were not too bad, not much higher but a bit coloured.
it was fishable when we left.

was an awsome day out with merc,golfman,silvertrout,and Bergler.
Sorry I missed you guys!

I will be out tomorrow, was out in the briney today, took the christmas tree in and picked up my new Goretex balaclava... Will packing the spey tomorrow, I hope the conditions are okay...

Cheers,
Nicole

Was out today, river conditions were nice, one seriously cold mother though this morning...Wish I had a temp gauge with me as I'll bet the water was below 40* easy....Now as far as fishing goes, it was the busiest I've seen the river including weekends...Lickman looked like someone had planted a fence around it...all you could see were tiny dots standing next to each other all the way down to the train bridge...What was funny to me was it was mostly old timers with a few younger guys here and there...They do NOT MOVE...Found a spot that is spey friendly and had guys actually moving ever so slowly through, (except for our brothers from the other side of the Atlantic who seem to not only NOT move but when they do decide to think it's fine to cut in below, never fails this time of year huh? Kind of makes you wonder where your tax dollars are going doesn't it?)

I am developing a real hatred for Simms waders as after my new pair of guides started leaking after 6 trips and have been sent back, my old pair that were recently repaired decided to start leaking again in the same spot, (right boot) and after a couple hours I couldn't feel that foot anymore...had some ice on the guides but not to bad..but damn!!! once you got something cold it doesn't want to warm up to quick...I had one fish take today and lost it because I was lazy and didn't bother to check my knots good enough...What really sucks is when I tied my fly on I even thought it wasn't right but after a couple good pulls said "to hell with it" and fished it and lost it...Lesson there for everyone I guess...

Sorry for the vent, was a suck week with my computer blowing up and losing everything on it and a flooded basement...Then to top it off, one of my daughters decided "We" needed to go on a diet...(Misery loves company) and I've spent all week eating rabbit food. So.... I enjoyed a couple good cigars and watched the eagles today (which never fails to fascinate me) worked out some casting kinks and left the river feeling better then when I arrived which I guess is the point of all of it anyways....By the way, anyone heard of eating mashed cauliflower like mashed potato's? how do people think of this stuff??

Like Golfman said, the water was pretty good and getting better as the day went on, but was it ever windy!! Made fishing tough, but was ok if you found a cut bank or something that you could fish real close to shore. As for it being busy, I guess I was lucky, I saw maybe 4 guys on the section I was working from first light till about 1pm. Was lucky enough to get a 7-8 lb wild to shore just before I left. Sure was nice to get out on the river again, I was having a nice relaxing great day before I got the wild, that was just icing on the cake considering I hadn't been out since October. ;)

slightly belated post, but here goes.

was out for a couple hours just above the train bridge last sunday (1 week ago). that bar where people park on the river bed. anyways. i was primarily dicking around with the 5 weight for trout. water was bloody cold, got on hit and that was it. saw a nice steelie hooked by float fishing up the river from me. it was just nice to get out again. first time fishing in alomst 4 months, having been comsumed by hunting and shooting fever. might get out again on saturday.

I pounded the river today from first light to the last light. River was gin clear and didn't touch anything till the last few casts of the day when I hooked and landed a beauty 8 lb hatch doe.Made it all worth while. She put up a classic fight with ups and downs, twists and turns and runs. YEEE! HAAAAA!

Hotrod

Hotrod, were you in Reaction around 6 tonight? If so, that was me trying to find something the buggers would hit..
Also fished today, damn DAMN cold till afternoon, then wind died down and quite nice, till twilight when you could feel the cold breath of death creeping down your back..Was surprisingly quiet in most spots on the lower today and I got to fish a few spots I've been wanting to see...Nothing to report but more fly eating bushes...Was down lower near sunset and the Eagles were on the beach and flying over me from the trees, was quite a sight...no one around, nice sunset, good cigar..days like this make it all worthwhile...

got out late today....landed a nice 9lb wild doe...and lost a buck around the same size.....nice to be able to fish in peace :thumbup: :thumbup: not many guys out at all.......really cold when the sun isnt on u.....river was clear today......

Xgolfman, yeah that was me in reaction last night. What a nice little shop that is. Were you the one who had those big flies at the counter or the the other guy? I was hoping to get out again this week but looking like it might not happen. It was some tough fishing for me yesterday.Did a lot of exploring and hiking that will hopefully pay dividends later!

Hotrod

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.