BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

· Banned
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cohokid, Cohoslayer and myself had a pretty intense trip today. We walked all the way from The train bridge to just past on the way. All the way along the river no road walking. So we now know a HUGE chunk of the river. We are planning on getting dropped off at on the way next weekend and walk up as far as we can and continue doing this every weekend until we hit limit.

On the fishy side of things. I fished some dbl hot red chum roe globs, natural boraxed coho roe, spring and coho roe bags, red prawns and natural prawns all fished behind a small pink spin-n-glo, well Cord and nick fished jensen eggs, roe bags and pink dinks. Nick hooked his first steelhead of the year near the lickman road area. I thought he was just being an a$$ and screwing around with a snag when i see the last of the rod bucks before it spits. It was a very chrome fish and was hooked on a pink worm. It was in the 10 pound range. I also found a pair of plyers.

On a postive and negative note. Well we were fishing today, Freds called my house and said my reel is fixed. I didn't bother asking at the shop because I phoned yesterday to check. DOH! If we go somewhere tommorow I will have to fish a stupid levelwind again. Anyways, the water was at perfect height and towards the end of the day there was around 1.5 feet of visibility. Slowly improving but the rains that will be coming for the rest of the week will surely wreck it. That was our day and It was way better then sitting at home. Good bye.

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Sounds like you made some great progress on remaping the river Birdman. I hope to do it soon before
Christmas. The lower mid. must have changed alot. Can't wait to see for myself.
Cheers...Marko... :D

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Good too see some early hunters after the steel! At least one fish was hooked! Cord got skunked? Any old red tomatos kicking around Birdman! thanx for the report!

C.K.

· Banned
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Cord got skunked :twisted: I also forgot to mention i hooked a few whitefish on my prawn. Although they weren't really "hooked" they were more so holding onto the prawn for dear life :roll: There was a few old tomatoes CK alot of old chum in the spawning channels as well. Made for an unpleasent scent. And Rib, no we did not bother taking the camera sorry.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
birdman, dude ya gotta bring the camera everytime you go fishing! ya never know when your trophy fish will be hooked and landed! or one of your friends makes an a$$ of himself! a picture tells a thousand words my friend! are you and cord gonna make it to the derby on boxing day?

C.K.

· Banned
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think we are. I am certainly not, unless the claybanks delay it for 2 weeks then I am in for sure! And I kind of wish I had the camera today. When Cord tried to climb up a bank and faceplanted and slid like 3 feet down with his face and islander in the sand :lol: .

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Thats right marko!!!!! i know you got a few of me not looking very happy from lastweekend don't ya? Have either you or rib wrote a story on our little excursion from lastweekend? i honestly think without saying where we were people would either feel sorry for us or laugh at us especially me!!!!

C.K.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
tis tis the camera should be part of your gear when fishing! how can ya say it gets in the way? thats like saying bears shit in the woods!

They don't shit in the woods! ever notice while walking along logging roads you usually always see bear crap? lol just an observation!

C.K.

· Banned
187 Posts
Hey kevin I did get skunked :( hahahahaha like always, but it was fun I also think i lost 10lbs. There was a couple tamatos kicking about, only saw 2. Couple chums in the slack pools as well. As for me falling on my face, i kept the islander up, but it got sandy because my vest was seny, Get the story strait birdman! ha
I unforunitally wont be making it out to the derby, I have plans with friends. But will beout the day after 8)

· Registered
1,386 Posts
myn was the first digital camera to be produce. I think. its about a solid 5lbs.
I have one like that, its a 1.3Mp thats about the size of a regular 35mm. Now 1.3Mp come almost standard in new cell phones! (Even up to 3.2Mp)

I carry my Pentax optio wp with me everytime I head out. You never know when that awsome pic might present itself!

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.