BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I Fished today with my girl, and Fish Finder...First time on the Spey rod for me, some great tips from Berg the day before, and Finder in real time helped for sure...I'm definitely hooked...! Lovin' the spey... :thumbup:

We enjoyed some decent weather for much of the day, with some lousy intermittent rainfall, the river stayed in really nice shape despite the periodic heavy rains...met TnTMarine out there near the end of the day, great to meet you TnT... ;)

He walked up just in time to watch as Fish Finder hooked into a nice chrome fish on the spey...at first we thought it might have been a big bull, as the fight was sluggish to start, then suddenly the fish woke up and gave him a run for his money...all we saw was chrome, and then the fish was into his backing...man great fight...real excitement, and then we tailed her for a quick pic and let her go...

Every year I either see or hear of fresh chum being caught late in the season, and every time I see one landed that's still chrome and has its sea lice, I am still surprised, no matter how many times it happens...

A nice fish regardless, and a great way to end the day...!

Thanks again to Finder and to my girfriend for another great day out there, truly a pleasure to fish with both of you when ever I get the chance...

;)

rib

· Registered
2,676 Posts
A great day for sure Ribby! We'll do it again soon. :cheers: A total west coast type of day. Crisp air, with a little rain fall. Seagals skwaking and the baldies chirping away. The smell of another salmon season coming to a close, and with that wintery chill you know steelhead season is here. Glad you've taken to the double hander, I knew you would.

If this rain keeps up through Christmas as predicted, conditions may be less than ideal come boxing day.

Finder :)

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Whoa!!!!......That sure is a nice Christmas present!!... :eek:....Can't say I have ever caught a beauty like that this late in the year....Most of her friends are providing snacks for the resident bows and bulls... ??? ;).....Nice goin', man!.............Ortho 8)

· Registered
584 Posts
Beauty fish!! :thumbup:

· Registered
2,676 Posts
It broke water about 80 feet out, and I saw nothing but silver. That got the heart pumping. A first for me this late in the year. By far the cleanest Vedder chum I've encountered. A good way to finish up an already perfect day on the water. :thumbup: I was just happy to be out for the first time in over 3 weeks. FFM: My new Orvis held up great, not a bad way to break it in. Nice One: It was a big intruder she fell for,and we were in the bridge area. It felt good to watch her swim away too. thanks for the back up and pictures Ribby. :cheers:

Finder ;)

· Premium Member
2,719 Posts
That is a beauty chum, think it will get up there and wonder where everyone is????? :confused: Wierd tho, I pulled a coho of almost the same caliber yesterday from one of the local tribs, but that was just a filler between the 6 steels my buudy and I tagged, managed 4 to hand including 'round 15lb sealiced doe :thumbup:. Think it is wierd that every flow Ive hit on the Island (since the second week of dec) Ive managed some chrome out of (all winters) They deffinately showed early over here :beerchug:

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Nice job guys, I took the dog for a walk there yesterday aftrenoon, some great looking fly water up and down stream from there. The changes in the area seem to have been for the most part positive.

Good to see those unexpected fish hooked, you just never know if your line is in the H2O anything is possible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.