BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was able to get out for a short 3 hr tour today. Stuck to the water I know best, below Tamahi through the boulder run. I fished both sides of the run as quickly as I could today, however no steel. I drove up the length to the boundary at the start. It would seem that the majority of people out today were up above the Allison pool. Not sure if they had any luck. A pair of gents I met on the far-side of the boulder run said they got 1 hatchery steelhead earlier today (didnt say where they got it). Good guys,,,the guy who had caught the fish earlier today was just hiking with his buddy without any gear when I met them.

The river looks great!! Its getting steelier and steelier :) :) :) . Where I was fishing below Tam there was easily 12"+ of vis today. Up higher must've been even better, although I never checked clarity while driving to the limit hole.

Anyways,,, going to try to get out early tomorrow. I got my jigs in the mail this aft from Ironhead so I am armed with the deadliest of jigs ;D

Anyone else get out today?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Good luck, I am heading out in the morning again as well. With the nice sunny cooler day, I think that I will start in or around the lower. Last report I got was that there was near a foot and a half of vis. That's plenty for the lower. Might go up river a bit later, but I haven't really had a chance to look around down there since the flood. Should be interesting, and I would just love to bump this slump. ;D ;D

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think I might head out this week-end aswell. This will be my first Vedder steelhead trip this season, obviously most of my day will be spent power fishing exploring the newly changed river conditions. On another note I just got back from christmas in Terrace and fished the Copper for 6hrs and caught 9 steelies. All were smaller fish between 4 and 8 lbs but fought fairly well. All fish came on a #6 peach glo gug. The fish in this river are very eager to grab anything that looks like an egg. :)

Tight Lines, Wes Roffey

·
Registered
22 Posts
I spent all day on the Vedder yesterday. Started just upstream around the corner from the Vedder bridge - tried all the likely spots for a half K or so. Some nice little pools along the side under some fallen trees, but nothing biting. Moved up by Allison Pool area, right by where the river washed over the road. By the way it is incredible how damaged the area is from the flood. A real nice couple of pools there that I thought for sure would have some Steelies, but nothin. Nice clear water though. Moved down around the Chilliwack River Campground. Again, tried all of the nice little areas in front of and behind the boulders - nothin. Finally ended up down by the train bridge. Sun going down and getting cold at that point. Water pretty murky. Nothin. I tried spinners, Colorados, some of those nice jigs, gooey bobs. No bites and I didn't see anyone else catching anything either. But, it was nice to get out for a day - nice and sunny most of the time. I hope to try again in a couple of days.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Bob,make sure you have the proper presentation and work every inch of water from the closest
out.I know for a fact that winters are in there and are being pulled out daily! They are sitting in
the most unlikely waters but do not overlook the beaten path. Be thorough in your coverage
of water, they're in there!!!.....Marko... ;D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again today was only able to get out for about 3 hrs. but made it for first light. I worked the same area as yesterday where I had caught fish last year, and this part of the river hasnt drastically changed. Again came up empty handed although I worked some really nice looking water. I have next week off and plan to get out for 2 full days where I can do some exploring and concentrate on some different water. I know the fish are there, just have to hunt them down.

Visiblity again improving today. Where I was below Tam there was at least 16".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts