BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the upper river early this morning with a friend, tried a few favorite runs and not a sniff despite perfect water conditions. We took a peek at the hatchery and there were no fish to be seen either. One last stop before tamahi on the way back my buddy nailed a 12lb buck in the fastwater. It put up a mild fight to say the least but the fish was beautiful, hatchery too! All in all, a beautiful day out there, quite a few fisherman but lots of room to hunt steel. They're still out there guys! :D :D :D

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey there boyz,

Wagonmaster and I and my girlfriend hit the vedder today for some fishing in the gorgeous sunshine :D

the spot we were fishing in had ten hooked, four of them being wild and a couple breaking off. Of course one of those being this big wild i got ( my biggest wild so far)

wagonmaster had a solid hookup as well and lost it in the air (again) :roll: and the g/f didnt fishi long enough cause she felt it neccasary to nap in the chair LOL

see you all on the water

HOOK

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
sweet fish there hook.I can't wait to get out again.

Hotrod

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
my saturday streak is alive at 5 in a row into fish.....released one that had to go 14 lbs....lost 2 more that could have tipped the scales at even more than that one....saw two others hooked....beautiful day in the sunshine :D :D :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
hey hook nice fish man i know that run :wink: too much of a gong show hooked one there a few weeks ago, but too many ppl... i felt like it was salmon season :? ... around what time did you hook ur fish

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
i hooked my fish around 10:00 in the morning i would say approximately

and the gong show wasnt that bad

i said "fish on" and everyone stopped except one guy I had to yell at :x :x was a good fight, strange, but good fought like a mid-size spring actually. for a few seconds before i saw it on the surface thought maybe I had got one of those infamous marble winter springs :lol:

thanks guys

see you all on the water

HOOK

P.S. hey there hotrod / my dad and I would love to go out for some steel or something with you one day let me know

byebye

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Nice fish, Hook!......Looks like you had lots of company! What a beautiful day to be outside. Just makes it all the sweeter when you have some action by the end of the day. I went on "patrol" yesterday to a couple of cutty spots down low in the Fraser and managed to hook and release several small fish around 12 inches....Thanks Fish Finder! I used the same flies we used last year on our previous cutthroat outing..........Ortho

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'm looking foreward to March/April so when can chuck some flies for some steel....I gotta break the hex this spring!
I saw several others fishing just down from where I was fishing and one guy caught a nice cutt around 3 lbs.....What a beautiful fish! Funny thing was it was his very first, and a lot bigger than the first one I caught on a fly! That fish, you might recall, was about 2.5 lbs. smaller....Whenever you find time, give me a shout........Ortho

·
Registered
901 Posts
fished today up river
got there at first light hit the river then it got dark all of a sudden and the snow fell
here is a pic of the snow then a pic in the afternoon

no fish for me today but was nice out there

·
Registered
283 Posts
i dont wanna sound dumb but!!!

Hey i just moved here & that pic is amazing .. where is the veder.? im still tryin to find good spots on the north shore for this time of year. im from New Brunswick. im not used to being able to fish in feb without drilling a 15ft hole in thew ice :lol: ... thanks guys

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was up on the vedder on saturday and had a stellar day hookin into 5 chromers but only one to the shore. Its sure tough keepin them hooked!! Awesome weather and all were hooked between 9am and 10, that seems to be the hot time of the day.
Tight lines!
James

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
schlock The vedder is the lower part of the Chilliwack River. It can get confusing because the same body of water has a different name depending on where you sre on it. I belive the Vedder is that part of the river downstream of the Vedder Crossing bridge, and the Chilliwack above it. As you might guess the river (whatever you call it) is located by Chilliwack.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Professori I'll take it one step further, above the bridge is the chilliwack river, below is the vedder below the freeway bridge it becomes the sumas river. I wonder if that is some kind of record for the most name changes in a short distance :wink: :wink:
Crazy D

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
So if you bonk a fish at Alison, you should be able to go down and fish Lickman or the Sumas.
Short answer: No! It is the same body of water regardless of the name. That's like saying when you pee in the shallow end of the pool, there is no problem in the deep end. It's all the same pool. Actually I believe you could fish the Sumas above the point the Vedder Canal joins it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
professori said:
So if you bonk a fish at Alison, you should be able to go down and fish Lickman or the Sumas.
Short answer: No!
I'm not so sure about that. The regulations say "that BODY of water", not "that SYSTEM" of water. It is the same situation on the Stamp/Somass, Squamish/Elaho, or any other mainstem/tributary system, for that matter. If it were not the case, why are there three names for one river?

DP

1 - 20 of 25 Posts