BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of fish in the system Fished for about 4hours with the fly with a tungston bead ( because the water was low took off my lead leader no bites) The float guy next to me was catching all sorts . put on 8' lead because I could see that the fly was still not getting down . Put on 8' lead leader first cast fish (lost it ) few cast later another fish . proves to me that you must get that fly down. caught three springs few dogs a very nice wild coho and lost some coho and had to break my line with quite a few large fish ( my last one was a silver 25lb spring which I released ) Most fly's were good muddler for coho and wooly buggers but the main thing is getting the fly down. Float guy next to me must have caught about 20 to 30 fish and took home a nice 12lb coho

·
Registered
8 Posts
How far up the river were you? Going next week and can't decide whether to hit canal runs or chance it further up river? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am a newbie. I have been lurking the site for a couple weeks and learned lots.

I was out Friday aswell, floating and killing Springs. Got 6 to shore and must have lost 13. All between 10 to 25lbs. Did'nt see a single Coho cought !! where are you guys finding these tasty critters ?? I am new to the Vedder and river fishing. I have only been able to catch Springs, any help would be apreciated.

Cheers Mike

P.S. I am heading back out Monday AM if any one wants to come.

·
Registered
736 Posts
fineangler said:
what do you guys mean when you say floaters??
I am guessing that they mean Float fishing as compared to fly-fishing. It is just another method of going after Salmon. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
miker246 said:
I am a newbie. I have been lurking the site for a couple weeks and learned lots.

I was out Friday aswell, floating and killing Springs. Got 6 to shore and must have lost 13. All between 10 to 25lbs. Did'nt see a single Coho cought !! where are you guys finding these tasty critters ?? I am new to the Vedder and river fishing. I have only been able to catch Springs, any help would be apreciated.

Cheers Mike

Maybe mid week, if you're going again?
Shaun

·
Registered
22 Posts
ShaunM said:
miker246 said:

Cheers Mike

Maybe mid week, if you're going again?
Shaun
Thanks but I'll be back at work until next Monday.

·
Registered
274 Posts
miker246 said:

Cheers Mike

Hi miker246,welcome on board,the amount of fish you hooked and landed,you are one hell of a good newbie :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
22 Posts
leaping tyee said:
miker246 said:

Cheers Mike

Hi miker246,welcome on board,the amount of fish you hooked and landed,you are one hell of a good newbie :wink: :wink:
Thanks :D I have spent years on the water but all in Ontario lakes Bass and Walleye fishing. This is sooooo much different and I am totally enjoying it. their is just so much you can learn from reading. I am totally green at river fishing and want to learn as much as possible. Obviousily it takes years to gain the amount of knowledge that some people on this board have. I am just hoping to get some pointers along the way to lead me in the right direction. So far I have fished the very upper and lower portins of the river and have come up Spring. I have tried wool spoons and roe just can't seem to find a Coho is itstill to early or am I not in the right place maybe ?? Springs are a ton of fun to catch though !!

·
Banned
187 Posts
Wait till the rain, and the water gets a little darker. Its still super clear, and the coho that are there are super spooked. Next rain will bring in coho, and water. The fishing will be a little more decent, and you might get a coho or two. :lol:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
also, try searching out the water that you haven't been fishing....meaning, you've been catching springs....and more often than not the coho will seek out holding water away from the springs.... This may be hard to find at first, but try fishing any and all "back eddies" with enough volume to them to hold 1 or two fish....The smaller back eddies will tend to be more productive than the larger ones, as larger back eddies will also hold springs and chum....try suspending a blade on a short float and short leader in the center of any back eddies you can find....if the coho are in there and you do it right, they will just come right out and swat it hard....sounds like you're doing just fine though so far, it's just a matter of time now....
hope that helps,
rib

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the tips tried some smaller pools around where I got all the Springs on Friday. Lost 2 that I never saw and landed 1 Jack Spring. Then I got bored and went and played with more Spring 6 Landed 2 over 25lbs. and probably lost 15. I did see a guy upstream from me land a nice Wild Coho and another Gent landed a fine looking hatchery Coho.

Maybe next week :D [/img]

·
Registered
901 Posts
Heading out in the morning
anyone else going :?:
will give a report 8)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Heading to the Chilliwack on Friday. Anyone else going? I'm heading out from North Delta. Maybe carpool. I need to leave the river by 1pm.

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
901 Posts
Well hit the upper river at first light
three guys allready there had a few casts and hookeg a chum
Hiked down river from there and nothing
Moved arround and nothing else all day :(
water is real low and crystal clear :shock:
Any fish that were arround were spooked as i approached :?
It was a nice day out there lots of people arround
i saw at least six R V's ,all fishermen :?
We need rain
I think i will hit the Sqaumish area next week with the fly gear :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts