BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, if you were expecting a colourful report of the 8 hrs. put in with the flyrod on the Vedder the past two days....you got it! ;D
I hooked up with 'Finder for a couple of hrs. on Thursday after work, and I have to say, what a beautiful evening! Not a soul on the river except a couple of diehards, one of them (yours truly) still looking for my first steelhead on the fly.
We fished a couple of nice looking runs and as then sun set behind Sumas Mtn. I had to add another three hours to the 46 I have put in last year. :'(
However, there is always tomorrow!! And tomorrow was today! Hmmmm, that sound a little weird, don't you think?
0700 this morning,I am back at the river and fishing similar conditions as last night. Around 1-2 ft. vis and a little higher than the last few weeks..Threw a lot of casts, enjoyed a lot of sun, had the river to myself, and guess what???Another 5 hrs. on the card with a big fat donut!! :'( :'(
Thanks, for the lessons, last night, Kevin. Always fun on the water when you'r with a pro....So my point is, for those of you who are new to the sport and think these guys just go out a catch fish all the time and it is so easy, only to find that you did not have a hookup this season.........do not despair....I am a seasoned vet with the gear rod, and a rookie with the fly rod and I am STILL waiting! :wallbash:
Ortho 8)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oh~ Man..............

I'm feeling the samething!!! :wallbash:
YES~~~, definitely there's tomorrow!! and the next year season and the year after and so on!! ;D

Good luck for the rest of steel season!! :thumbup:

Bravo~!! :drunk: :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Fish Finder said:
No worrys Ortho...there's still summer runs! ;D

Finder ;)
YES, wonderfull summer runs ;D ;D I can't wait to try out my new Islander :thumbup:

Ortho, too bad you haven't hooked one on the fly yet....it'll come, but hey why am I telling you that, you already know :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Trav, and you too, 'Finder....I know it will come but I HAVE PAID ENOUGH DUES!!!....My first on the fly will surely come in at around $100.oo per lb.!!.......... ;D.....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Ortho, I was thinking the same thing about Steelhead on the fly. Will I ever catch one? Am I putting the fly in their face? Am I deep enough? All these things run through your mind until you finally catch one. On Apr.20/07 I caught my first steelhead on the fly in probably four years of off and on fly and gear. I probably fished 80% on the gear rod, and caught all my fish. I finally just stuck with the fly rod for a while and I ended up with two that day. The other advice I could throw your way is fish fly water...slow walking speed water. It will allow you to present the fly the right way. Sometimes that 'sweet' gear water isn't what you would want for the fly anyways. Wish you luck in the future and once you do hook one, the wait is all worth it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Man.............I'm patient....wouldn't have lasted as long as I have if I wasn't!!....Ortho 8)
Hey Kenny.......when is the surgery?.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.