BC Fishing Reports banner

Vedder - July 12th

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  gciric 
#1 ·
I was on the Vedder today.

The water level is still high but dropping every day. River will be in great shape for next weekend.

In the lower river visibility is about 2 feet, but in upper part of the river visibility is very good.

I haven’t seen anybody catch any fish today.

I so a lot of sockeyes surfacing but only two springs. The springs are in the river but still not in a big numbers.

I hope people will have more luch tomorrow.

#6 ·
Was out today fishing.... soo many sockeye. There are as many surfacing as in the Fraser 2 years ago. I musta seen over 200 today, sometime 5 or 6 at a time were coming up. Tried fly fishing the little slicks we found with only one big hit that snapped my fly off because my knots sucked today. Saw 2 Springs surface less than 3 feet from the edge so they were springs for sure, Im sure out of all of them fish there were alot more but was hard to keep track. Visibility still was about 2 feet, but river is continuing to drop, so I guess there is no more snow. Might go tubing later today, nice and warm outside. Best things to use right now are a light coloured wool (like white, peach) or black/red combo, roe, or prawns.

Good luck and Tight lines
Dan

#8 ·
We saw a whole wack of people just up from the bridge but other than that we only saw 4 other fisherman all day where we were. Weekdays are not normally busy until sometime after work when the fishing is good.

Tight Lines :cheers:
Dan

#9 ·

Were you on the top or low end of the river (or even middle) ?

did you get your line in the water or just walked it ?

Tks
Cape R

I was on the bottom of the river first to see the river condition. I haven't fished there since water was not very clear. I spoke with a few people that were fishing there. They didn't see any springs (only sokeye) surfacing (but it was still early morning). Then I went on upper river. water was much more clear there. I was fishing there on the few spots. So i guy who lost two springs (early in the morning), but notinig from that time untill allmoust noon.

Goran

#10 ·

How about weekdays are they busy ?

Cape R

I so not to many people fishing in the bottom par of the river. There was mush more people in the upper part, especially at the very top.

Goran

#11 ·
gciric said:

How about weekdays are they busy ?

Cape R

I so not to many people fishing in the bottom par of the river. There was mush more people in the upper part, especially at the very top.

Goran

Hey Goran, if you want to quote in your reply just hit quote in the top corner of the post you want to quote and then type in your response. Much easier and way less typing Cheers.
:beerchug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.