BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was there today scoping things out. At the limit hole a guy pulled out a 25 lber seen about 4 springs get hooked in a couple of hrs none landed other than the one. Shitload of guys up there 4 co's also. Try again next weekend, hopefully water drops a bit :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Just for the interest of the board members, what, exactly were the 4 CO's doing? Did they check any of the long line flossers licences,who gather there almost every day???/That spot is pathetic!....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Nah Tuber it is a beautiful piece of water, what they are refering to is the usual gong show there. I dont think it's far behind the Kieth Wilson bridge for gross entertainment. I love sitting up there with a cup of coffee and watching the throngs of well hmmm (I dont know how to word it) guys casting over each other tangling up and the arguements, gotta love spectator sports.
Cheers,
Crazy D

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
my sentiments, exactly, CD..........last time I dropped by, last fall, a guy hooked and landed a nice coho....he had snagged it in one of the pectoral fins.......When he got it to shore, I reminded him that the fish was foul hooked, and your barbed 3-0 hook is illegal......Big ------deal was the reply and the fish was quickly dispached with a rock!!......The place is a joke almost all the time....There is usually only one or two out of every ten that fish that hole that do it legally...........And what did the CO's do today????? Hmmmmmmm :confused:.....Ortho 8)

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
i have fished this spot (sportingly) and had no problem hooking all my fish legally however since the flood you wont see many guys landing their fish if they run downstream as there is an island formed in the center just down river from the gong hole

better to fish it from the other side now ;) ;) then you can watch the crazies and catch fish without being tangled up.

I find if i go up there i fish the pocket water below the gong show and tend to do as good of not better than all of them are put together as when they snag a fish they scare them all down to me and the fish turn and sit all over infront and wait till i spook them up river or catch them and force them to go further down

i will be heading out next weekend to the Vedder or at least i hope to get my a** out fishing and actually hooking something. with the slightly colder weather coming maybe the water will drop and clear a bit

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They were checking gear and licences. Saw 2 guys hoofin it down the road with angry looks to them after the co's left them ??? Rafters were launching so not too many guys at the run down from limit. Been a long time since i've seen any co's at the vedder. Nice to see. :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
With the current levels and colour of the water, I really don't think they"spook" fish, but as the water begins to clear, they definitely will have an effect on the catch ratio, especiallly in the shallower water.....If you'r gonna do a float in a canoe or pontoon, or drift, now is a good time to do it....Don't get me wrong, there is PLENTY OF TROUBLE for the novice and even below the trainbridge their is some tricky water..One spot in particular is just below lickman where the river does a slow empty on the left then all the water goes to the right and dumps you into a pile of logs!.. :eek:.Some canoes got wet there yesterday!.......All recovered and continued on.......Ortho 8)

G

·
That is a nice pesice of water dont get me worng, but its a gong show of Keith Wilson specials.... I fished there about 3 years ago for red springs on and off, and i was telling this guy to stop short casting over my line... i said this about 10 times to him ... well to keep the story short , he was drunk and pulled a knife on me for telling him to cast further ::)

This last winter i Fished there for steelies from the other side with Steelie99 and we fished the mud line where the clean meets the brown water... big gob of roe sure worked well :thumbup:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Its a shame such a nice piece of water is so close to the road. Like CD said its fun to watch the crazies some times :happy:. I'm glad the CO's were out there. They should leave a CO there full time between now and November. There is the odd time that you luck out in mid-week and not many are there. Like Hook said the far-sides much better :thumbup:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes, that was nice to see COs there yesterday. I actually seen only 3 COs. One guy and two ladies. All looked cool, that almost made me thing why I am not COs. With guns and radio, you know :) Good job COs, your work is much appreciated !!! Hope to see them often, this was actually first time that someone checked my license and gear. They even allowed to make foto with them. Thank you for the job you are doing ladies. Now I know DFO and COs do exist and do their work.

Anyway, attached is that ONLY ONE fish cought yesterday. Guy who ran down the river allowed me to take a picture of his fish and also gave me roe from that fish. :yummy:

Hopefully there will be more fish coming week-end.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are 'Limit Hole' and 'Boulder Hole' the same thing?? ???

I've never heard 'Limit Hole' before. :wallbash:

Thanks in advance for the answer fellas!! :thumbup:

Bravo~ :cheers: :beerchug: :drunk: :wallbash:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.