BC Fishing Reports banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first cast at 7.30am. low middle river (cabins). Beautiful day, very clear water and a lot of pools.
Tried spinners and wool, but nothing. I lost one spring at about 11am (shallow water with silver colorado spinner).
Left at 1pm. Met only two guys, I guess the crowd went to the fraser.

Cheers

Giuseppe

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Giuseppe said:
first cast at 7.30am. low middle river (cabins). Beautiful day, very clear water and a lot of pools.
Tried spinners and wool, but nothing. I lost one spring at about 11am (shallow water with silver colorado spinner).

Cheers

Giuseppe
You left to early, I got to that spot at 1:30ish and it was non stop action!!!

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
OF COURSE the crowds went to the fraser :happy: alot of the springs are getting coloured now so why not go get fresh sockeye. most of the guys i noticed out there seemed to be there for the meat and nothing else. We watched people bonking dark nookies yesterday when there.

Shane-- thats hilarious man i love it when guys leave and then it turns on when your the only one around ;D had that happen for steelies one day for me

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shane said:
Giuseppe said:

Cheers

Giuseppe
You left to early, I got to that spot at 1:30ish and it was non stop action!!!
I can't believe it!!! But good for you :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Giuseppe said:
I forgot to mention... I saw a beaver today enjoying a nice pool. I never saw a beaver before in the vedder. Is this something rare?

Giuseppe
There are alot of beavers around that area from On the way store too Point-a-vista cafe. You will also find them close to the vedder camp ground.

·
Registered
417 Posts
fished upper from first light today. between me and my friend we cought and released 11 sockeye ( they still bite bright wool ), lost three springs, and we got two springs today, both over 70 cm, and they started to show some color in them.

Our season for reds is over this year, and as a symbol of this we cought and released nice looking spring around 1:00 pm, and decided to leave at that point. This was a good season, sockeye on Vedder were crazy :thumbup:

·
Registered
789 Posts
nayhkilas said:
fished upper from first light today. between me and my friend we cought and released 11 sockeye ( they still bite bright wool ), lost three springs, and we got two springs today, both over 70 cm, and they started to show some color in them.

Our season for reds is over this year, and as a symbol of this we cought and released nice looking spring around 1:00 pm, and decided to leave at that point. This was a good season, sockeye on Vedder were crazy :thumbup:
Over ??? is it over for you ??? , I have landed nice springs in th emiddle of august in previous years, just have to get lucky.

·
Registered
417 Posts
FishFreak said:
nayhkilas said:

Over ??? is it over for you ??? , I have landed nice springs in th emiddle of august in previous years, just have to get lucky.
yes, we usually take august till Mid-September off to spend time with family, swim in the ocean and harrison lake. In short words break to enjoy summer with activities other than fishing.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
nayhkilas said:

Yah I seen a lot of socks "hooked" today too ::) they love the wool, big hooks, and extra leader ::) :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gotta' love force feeding Sockeye ::) At a certain point it gets kind of ridiculous the amount of fish you claim to "catch" nayhkilas, Youd think with such great success for you, the whole river would be battling sockeye.. NON STOP.. I feel bad for those socks sometimes.

p.s. nice 3 ft leader ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
mrmugs said:
Here we go again....... ::)

Why don't you ladies take a pill. :wallbash:
I think I'd rather hide behind my macho internet stance ::) ::) All kidding aside, it is usually people that need to stress or justify their fishing etiquette to others.. That don't fish ethically at all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.