BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rookiespey and I hit the Vedder with feathers this morning about 7:30 AM at the train bridge. The water was very low and clear. Fished until about 10 then moved on to ways field ( at least I think that's where we were). Fished that for an hour or so. Went up to boulder run. No love there either. By 2 pm the river was showing a hint of colour, but still very clear. At about 3 we went down to he canal. Gong show in full force. Saw one wild landed (and roughly released). Had one porpoising in front of me until the guy across the river from me decided to wade over the steelie. Finished up back at the train bridge around 5:30. Beautiful day spent practicing spey casts, totally unmarred by hook-ups or touches. Still a steelhead virgin. :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
may be you have better luck next time..
That's the thought that keeps a fisherman (and a Lion's fan) coming back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Was out during a brief time late in the afternoon with the same luck. Saw one guy walking away from Lickman with a 12 pounder, but you needed to make a reservation to find a rock to fish. Everywhere else the fishing pressure on the lower part of the river was light, and a few reports of fish being caught in the morning, but the water level has not come up at all. :(

Still it was fun to get out and go for a walk along the shore, and anticipate the big one on the next cast. Plus its a whole lot cheaper than golf, where there is even less chance of being 'successful'.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Rookiespey, it was a great time. Can't wait till the water warms a bit and the fish wake up.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
fished the gong show at keith wilson bridge for about 3 hours yesterday........saw about 10 fish hooked in 3 hours for about 40 rods in the water.......went up river for the afternoon to a few spots......counted 8 fish either jumped or rolled in a two hour stretch in one run but not a touch for the 4 of us fishing that spot.......lock jaw day

·
Registered
901 Posts
Been away for a week(California)
whats happening at the Vedder :?:
Want to chuck some feathers on Wed anyone interested in hooking up :?:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Was up at bergman today for a couple of hours, beautiful sunny day hardly anyone out there, not a fish to be seen.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
any fresh reports?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
kept a chrome 10.5 lb doe yesterday.........lost a real brute as well.......first fish i have killed this year.......of the 20 plus landed that is only my second hatch......some guy had a digital scale that weighed this fish in at just over 12 lbs......is it usuall for those scales to be out that much

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
fished allison pool first light for about an hr or so and not a touch so off i went even higher up to bordon cr fished it hard for 2 hrs and in that time i managed 2 wild steelhead one was bout 10lb the other was smaller bout 6lbs and both dark! they fell prey to a bc orange jenson egg with white wool.... then about 10:30 i hooked one huge fish that nearly spooled me and when it was all said and done over half my line was gone i guess it snaped weak bulk maxima line! went to respool so i went to the on the way store for a coffee and a new one shot spool of ultra green off again i drive down the road to the vedder crossing parked at the bridge and walked down river! and i walked and walked fished a bit on the way and then finally i find other ppl fishing a run that looked good so i stop to give er a go! fished it from bout 12pm till 2:30 and i learned after all day of trying that the were all holding in a little run in a place called(LICKMAN) IF I WOULDA KNOWN THIS I WOULDA DROVE THERE LOL.....) anyways in the 2 plus hrs of fishing there i found out where they were holding thanx to a guy who just shows up and casts where i was fishing and on his first cast nailed a beautyon dull pink worm but lost it shortly after! after seeing fish after fish hooked but not landed i now know where the fish hold in the lower river! maybe tomorrow i will try my luck again at this spot! anyone else fish this spot or the river for that matter?

C.K.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day there CK!!! I've never fished that pool you are speaking of(well maybe once, what feels like a long long time ago), although I know where it is you're talking about....guys lined up, one after the other, log in the middle of the pool....tough fishing there, I always walk right by it and fish down from there or drive up river to some of the pools around where you fished in the morning....way too many guys in there, reminds me too much of the fraser when I used to fish it...but there are a lot of fish holding in there, fer sure. Nice to hear you got into some, how were the water levels? Have they come up at all with the rain? That would drive all those fish out of there I'm sure....
Great report CK,
Rib

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
water was still low in compairson to the fall fishery! never fished the river while it was that low b4!!!!

C.K.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Yeah, it's definitely a different river when it's low like this compared to fall levels, can be difficult at times, I find... Were there a lot of guys fishing that run now? I'm just wondering if pressure has significantly dropped off now that the licences have expired?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
at lickman there were as many as 15 ppl along thw whole run! but while i was there the crowd changed quite alot in the short time i was there!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts