BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it out to Allison rec site at about 10:00 and me and my buddy went down to the river to go see it.(First time fishing steelys on the ved)Found a nice looking pool,we fished thru it a couple times.But!We caught nothing...We then made our way down river fished a couple spots my bud said he "hooked one" but i didnt see it.We then found a good spot and we had it all to our selves.I throw a couple casts down.Then suddenly!No fish...I then sit down to drink my coffee and i spot a tail on the other side of the river and i shout to my buddy"hey come drink you`re coffee it will get cold!"he drinks his coffee.This is my chance i say to myself.I cast to the other side.The float drifts down and goes down.But comes right back up,i figured it was bottom.I casted a bit deeper.And BAM! fish on!! My first steelhead! he makes a beauty leap right into the rapids...And then SPLACK! line snaps after a couple mintues of full on rage.I know i had made a mistake to cast over the rapids.And i told my buddy,"it seems every spot we go to the best spot is across the river.He then hooks a small bulltrout but he wiggled of the hook as he was pulling it out of the water.We then made the decision to go down the road and find a pull out.We find a pull out not far above the Vedder crossing.We fished it all the way down but no steely or bull trout.We fished a bit farther past Lickman road but no fish.It was a good day only saw about 10 guys on the river.It was a good feeling as i hooked my first steely.But its fishing not catching.

trout

·
Registered
136 Posts
Awesome report, loved the excitement in your words. I could hear how stoked you were!

Can't wait to hear about the first one you land... it will leave you shaking. ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well I guess it was a nice day for a walk, started at the crossing, fished down stream, saw a few doz. fishers and only heard of 3, never touched or got into any for 2 of us ..... water is higher but plenty visibility ...... go get em guys ..... reports would sure be nice ..... I do like seeing others into Steel too.

HT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts