BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got off work early wednesday morning and decided to try my luck on the Vedder....i knew heading out that the water would be high and very dirty but the drive to land the almighty steel was to strong to keep me away.....i felt that anything below slesse would be a total waste of time and it proved to be true....the water was very high and the current was fast....started out at the slab and was shocked to see half the slab in the water....a few guys here too but nothing caught.....decided to try behind the jail....well the new water fall coming down the side of the mountain sure doesnt help with the color of the water and the nice calm pool was basically rapids.....fished for about 2 hours and landed zero....i think we need about a week or two of no rain to get the river back in shape.

later

brodz

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Late March on the chedder is always a special time with few anglers and some big wild fish to be had, warm sunny days with the first bugs hatching and the fry begginning to move.
This year is one big dirty water, high flow, pukey piss off, and time is running short for fresh arrivals. Good for the fish I hope and the chance for them to have a break from being pinned.
Guess I'll make the 3 hour drive from the Wack to Squamish, it'll be like old times living in the big smoke again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
great day to be out on the water, saw only one other guy besides my buddy and I. I managed to get a coloured buck around 7lbs. Who says you can't get them in dirty water??? ;) Vis was 6"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts