BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vedder monday feb 19

:)well as hook is on afternoon shift and i had the day off we decided to hit the flow. we started at the limit hole and the water is like gin clear this far up, but boy has the pool changed here. we fished for a bit working our way down thru the pockets and boulders with no luck. decided to move down about a half K and walked into some good looking water above the first?? clay bank, no luck here either. moved again further down stream about a km above allison, here the water was colored up from the clay bank but vis. was still around 15 -20 inches, we were working a good looking piece of flow and three others came in and we all worked it from top to bottom with different gear and no takers again!!!. time for another move, down below allison we go, and were hittin a flow thats been good to us already this season and lo and behold if hook doesn't hook up a nice 16-18 lb wild buck that manages to slice the line right at the hook just before he comes to the hand for pics. this time its his turn for NO PICS. LOL. as he's regearing i slip in and 2 casts later its "fish on" but it immediately starts swimming straight at me and no matter how fast i reeled i couldn't keep up and its bye bye time. by now its noonish so we do one more move to wilson area and water is really colored here and we don't touch any more fish for today. the weather was good till we were leaving around oneish when the rain started to fall quite heavily. all in all not a bad monday. ;D ;D

·
Registered
513 Posts
Re: vedder monday feb 19

Hey Wagonmaster

Any day fishing is better than any day at work especially with a couple of hook ups. Man I have got to get out more these reports are killing me.. :( :(

·
Registered
784 Posts

Sounds like a solid day on the flow. I hope to be heading up there this weekend to battle the crowds.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

;D ;D it wasn't crowded at all, i like week days. it was even better as i was being paid ;Da days wages to fish. thank god for heritage day (holiday)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts