BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well marko and i got a late start on the flow yesterday getting to the river around 10;30 am! Stared at my lil honeyhole but as we got to vedder crossing i noticed the water was alot higher than a few days befor,and very colored up! So we proceded to hit my hole that was now non exsistent from the high water! Marko hooked a few 20lb chum that were a lil beat up but fun i'm sure none the less! Nothing fr me at this spot! So we deside to leave and hit my next spot borden cr! Upon arival i noticed borden cr has a few coho swimming in it at the slow water just below the bridge so i did my best to snap a pic of the few ho's i seen in ther(first time in years i've ever seen coho in there) So were getting our gear out of the van and ready and for some reason i was drawn into the bushes to see maybe if i could find my lost wading boot! And what do ya know there it was 15 ft from where we were parked Now im thankfull i neve threw the other boot away! My ass that snag and bag had it i knew he was full of it! :wallbash:! So now i'm in an awesome mood for i don't have to fork out anouther $100 for a new pair! So we venture to our next spot only to be gretted by lots of chum and a few really dark tomatos at the end of borden cr Chum were everywhere yesterday!

Start fishing my nice pocket water and seeing that there to my suprise there were lots of coho's moving through! Looking good so i start my drift and had a few brief hook up with nice dark ho's but i wasn't sure if they bit or were foul hooked for the clairty was no to great! Marko was fishing the run just below me and i hear him whistle to me like he always does when he want to get my attention! He has a fish on! So i put down my gear to assist marko with is fish, he at first thought it was a coho but upon further inspection was a very large and super clean white spring! The fish gave marko a great battle and in the end i landed a super beauty spring for him that was pushing 30lbs! BONK one for the smoker! After taking a few pic's of marko with his beayty buck spring we bleed the fish! The fish looked just as good half an hr later as it did when it was landed! It still had a purple tinge to iy! very clean! Good job marko! So i had a few hook ups with a few ho's and seen probably 20-30 swim by But i'm guessing there was a clay bank slide because the water turned super grey dirty in seconds but we fished on! Clairty was super bad now And even with my polarized on i couldn't dsee a thing! Marko suggest we leave and have a cold beverage so we do! Whenleaving we both took turnd on carrying out his spring it was a pig! So we ger back and take one more picture with this spring and my boot beside it for we both had great catches me and my boot and marko and his spring! On to the next spot.......

The cement slab was our next destination and upon arival there were maybe 4 people ther fishing and our one spot was occupied by a fisherwoman! Marko found his spot and started fishing! The clairity at the slab was excellent but i desided to walk down and see what i could find! I fished alot of pocket water on the way down but all i had to sho for it was a chum in full spawning colors and man they look awesome when clean with very bright bars an the side! Let em go to finish his life cycle and started to head back up to where marko was! Talked to a fellow fisherman who had limited success except for frst light where he hooked a few ho's! and spoke a few bear sitings in the area as well so be aware folks! Oh as i walked down from the cement slab towards the ranger run i first hear and feel the ground shaking and as i look around i noticed a huge piece of mountain come crashing down into the river from the slide at ranger run! Unreal site to see! So we have an hr left to fish so marko and i go exploring to find a new honey hole, and guess what we found anouther one......

We fished down from the cement slab around the thurston medows area and stumbled across a new spot for the both of us! I instantly had a colored coho on where the dirty and clean water met! I had one more hook up and nothing till i crossed and fished this spot from the other side! Upon crossing i instantly hooked a 7-8 lb wild bar of chrome and what a fighter unreal for mid november on the vedder! Hooked a few more and our day was over time to go! Excellent day to be on the flow again, weather was light showers off and on but no real down pour! Thanks for the day marko hope to do it again real soon! See there is chrome in the river still just have to move around to find them! :thumbup:

CK

PIC'S WILL BE ADDED WHEN I GET THEM DEVELOPED!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'll be developing them either tonight or tomorrow and i'll put em up then! Took some great shots just hope they turn out!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Cool report CK. Sounds like another great day on the flow. :thumbup:

If you're planning to go out next week and dont mind me tagging along shoot me a PM. The only day I probably cant go is Wednesday. I havent had a chance to use them berries yet!

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
[developing them /quote]

What? I suppose you still have an 8-track too, eh? :thumbup: Time to shell out some dough for a digital, you can't keep us all in suspense all the time. Nice post CK. You fellas had some better luck than Marko , Reelangler and I did last week. Borden is a nice place to fish.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My digital bit it while up in cowichian lake this summer so i haven't got around to buying a new one as of yet! My next camera is going to be a waterproof one! no exceptions! Costco is the place to get one i'm hearing! I did have anouther digital camera but as you already know i gave it to Professori! It worked as well but still not waterproof! I also took a few shots of the coho in the creeks at borden cr and some new place i never know about befor just down from borden! All pic's taken on the good old disposable camera! I hope the pic of markos fish turns out! what a beauty for this time of year!

CK

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey coho killer, not sure if you know this but you can get a lot of underwater housings for a lot of the "good" cameras. This way you don't have to sacrifice anything. I know that some of the underwater cams, as in out of the box tend to not be great but if you were to go with one of the little canon point and shoots and buy an underwater housing for it you'd be set.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Thats a good idea marooned. the camera is substandard and cost quite a bit more in order to
keep the price down. You can get far more features and a better lense for a bill or two less..

:beerchug: Marko

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.