BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
374 Posts
I hit the upper canal again and also the campground. Nothing, not even a jumper. :wallbash:

Did see a dead chum, not spawned, hung up on a gravel bar. Must have been a bad release??? Also noticed another dead fish, looked like a coho, in about 3 feet of water, in that new excavated pool at the campground. Wow, two dead fish, pre-spawn, in one day. I hope that's not a bad omen! >:D

Tried mostly the rolled muddler for coho. Even tried my spinner, with a coho blue spinner.

Hey, where are all these fresh springs? Maybe I should drop the flyrod for awhile, and pick up my winter steelhead gear for bottom bouncing for the springs. Even one salmon this year be nice. :thumbup:

I suspect all the springs are being caught in the canal and maybe upper river???

· Registered
138 Posts
augie said:
Hey, where are all these fresh springs? Maybe I should drop the flyrod for awhile, and pick up my winter steelhead gear for bottom bouncing for the springs. Even one salmon this year be nice. :thumbup:

I suspect all the springs are being caught in the canal and maybe upper river???

Forget bottom bouncing!! If you want to catch some stinkys you need to fish the deeper pools and slots with a float and some bait or even wool and a jensen egg. They are not hard to catch at all. I was releasing chrome springs in mid September in the Vedder, it should be full of them by now.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry ortho pictures in my throw away camera with my goose opening day pictures. still lots to go. took one picture on my cell phone and just need to find it and will show you at coffee one day wont know till sat if i can go to fishout.

jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.