BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually dont report to much anymore but i thought i would throw one up here and there !!!

Was out for first light to meet up with everyday and Shane hit lower river together had the whole area to ourselves for the first part of the morning, it was pretty cold this morning heard lots of fish jumping...

within half an hour of first light i was into a chum was really ugly....lucky everyday got to release it for me LOL !!!

about 30 minutes after that i hooked into a nice spring doe landed and bonked.... shortly after that the crowds came piling in by the bus loads... and we left shortly after.... went to a few other spots but spent most of the day sitting around watching and talking with not allot of fishing going on... was still a fun day.. went up to the Slab for a peak and WOW :eek: there was cars parked on both sides of the road people litterly shoulder to shoulder fishing..... Those fish going up that narrow slot dont have a hope in hell making it up to the hatchery...

This fish was first of a very few chrome high energy fish giving my new 3113MB a good work out, the other day i hooked 8 CHROME chums what a fight those give reminded me of fighting the squamish grumpy chums !!! such a sweet rod

· Registered
1,989 Posts
At this time lastyear I had caught 10 times as many coho than thisyear I hope the run is just late.good day none the less fishfreak man I wish I could fish as much as u do bud! Good on u! CK

· Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The best thing i like about this fish is the way it was caught... I was hiking around and came across this big pool of still water..saw something rise and being to lazy to switch to a blade from roe...i just re baited a big peice of roe and chucked it to the other side and did a dead slow retreve with the roe.. half way across the pool this fish hammered the roe pretty hard... It was pretty cool to try something different by reeling in roe and having a spring nail it

· Registered
290 Posts
man, that sure is a nice fish, FF. it was so friggen cold that my battery for my cellphone frozed up (well sorta got it wet a bit) and literally screwed up. invalid battery is all i get :wallbash:. stupid me i totally forgot about my cell in my jacket and not zip locked up.

· Registered
146 Posts
my battery for my cellphone frozed up (well sorta got it wet a bit) and literally screwed up. invalid battery is all i get
Try using those little silicon packets that come with new shoes. Throw a few of those and the cell phone in a zip-loc bag and you're phone will be good to go. I pulled my wife's phone out of the Vedder after 3 minutes and it worked fine after we dried it out that way.
Good luck!

· Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PumpingIron said:
Nice seeing you today Freak. I got a bunch of fish today, some chum, some springs AND a nice 8lb hatchery coho. I'll post up a pic when I get back to the island. It was caught on a blue muddler.
It was nice talking to you for a bit today bryan !!! lots of fish in that area !!! cant wait to take a look at your Ho

· Registered
374 Posts
Nice shots of the coho and the Loop, Pumpin'Iron. Sure love that sillouette shot too, nice. I always slap my SAGE against a stand, or a boulder, and take a few shots. I'm also really getting into taking shots of my flies, close-up.

· Registered
475 Posts
Ya great shot there P.I.! Also love the Evotec clear pics too! I'll be getting one of those and a 9/10 wt. rod pretty soon! I'm not getting out much these days so I appreciate the great pics and reports, keep 'em coming!

Cheers!

-Nathan

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Hey Bryan.........That second shot would likely get you some $$$ from the mfg......Boy, that is a great advert./mag. shot !
There is a slight reflection in the lower water of the reel that really sells the shot. magnifico,bro!........Ortho 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.