BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finding the vedder incredibly slow this year.....should be in full swing by now but just not happening.....3 1/2 hours on the water today saw one jack, and one spring jump......caught a very fat white fish and a beauty 3 lb rainbow on a blade.....only saw one other fish hooked and that was a snagged spring which was lost....sad to see the snaggers are back at the tamahi rapids

·
Registered
89 Posts
Floating some jigs down below the train bridge today, saw many large springs being taken today...but where's the Coho?

·
Registered
80 Posts
first time this year , from 6:30 to 10:30, changed two places between railway bridge and keith wilson bridge, saw only one jump. see one got fish one the river.

then moved to stave river, same slow.

·
Registered
247 Posts
10% of the fishermen catch 90% of the fish. I was the 90% Vedder fisher today. I tried and failed in my methods, then watched some new arrivals fish an un-fished fast piece of water close buy. They were the 10% guys...and got into a number of fish in a short period.
The sun rose higher, and the 10% guys left. I moved into the same spot, set my gear up the same as those 10% guys, and within a few casts hooked into a big spring. Up river we go, clear across the main channel for a good run next, then down, down , down we go. Burnt my the thumb tip trying to hold it back, then over the stump and through the brush, down the bank I go. Snapped it off, and ended up happy I stayed for the extra few casts.
The water is clear, keep the presentation super tiny, and I definitely won't see you over the weekend,,,,,

·
Registered
901 Posts
hit the flow today with a couple of visitors
we were into fish most of the day
they were moving through in waves
I got a nice big spring still had sea lice on it
we also got into some chum and jack springs but no Coho
water is clear but in great shape
great day on the water with great company

·
Registered
146 Posts
Saw a nice looking Chum taken a couple days ago. I've been into some Coho with smaller sized colorado blades. If you want to get into Jacks then keep your presentation small as they seem to be quite cowardly when faced with larger offerings...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts