BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a day off work again, so figured that I would head out fishin' in the rain.... one problem. It didn't start raining till I was on my way home. Fished lower river and mid river, got a couple fish one on roe and one on a wool tie. Might be able to make it back out tomorrow. There was also some chum around the area. Some of them in real decent shape. Water was still pretty darn clear. Hopefully not for long.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Don't see any marbling there, just red :thumbup: Not many of those this time of year for sure
CD

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Flyfishin Magician said:
Yes - it was red. I met DMW this am on the water. Nice job and good to meet ya DMW... :thumbup:
Was nice seeing you out again as well. I hadn't seen you since the Chehalis 2-3 years ago. Started raining as I was heading home, so perhaps tomorrow morning..... ;D

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hey Buddy.......I am heading out with the flyrod tomorrow....where were you fishing? what were you using, what rock were you standing on what was the exact setup and what did you use?.. ;D....Oh yeah what time of the day what was the clarity, the speed of the water, the temp. of the water the colour of the roe , the size of the hook? . ;D..and I need roe...can you drop off at my house before I head out tomorrow?......If all else fails, I will use an indicator and fish roe with my flyrod ;)... ;).........Hey Prof.......ya got any worms? ;D............seriously....one sweet fish!.........................Ortho 8)

·
Registered
901 Posts
crazy how many runt coho are around.... usually there are this many in late august and early sept, then the bigger ones come in...the average ones im hooking are 2-3lbs with some big ones mixed in

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have to agree with kingpin on that one. I've only caught two coho on the few times I've been out and they both have been really quite small. Is that just the luck of the draw or do the real small ones hang out in a specific area?

·
Registered
875 Posts
This is very good though :cheers: All of these little ho's (or most of them anyways) are jack coho, and unless something goes tragically wrong in the ocean, this should point to very good returns next year :happy:

We have hooked and landed a few jack ho's in the last few weeks, but in the last 2-3 days fishing has slowed down considerabally. Yesterday was the 1st time I had been skunked since the 13th of Sept, and another skunking today soon followed :wallbash: Havn't seen too many fish hooked either, except for the occasional flossed ones (if they are even flossed) ::) :-X

Big ones will hang out in the same areas as little ones. Normally when you are not hooking springs that should be when the coho fishing is decent. :peace:

·
Registered
917 Posts
ja said:
I have to agree with kingpin on that one. I've only caught two coho on the few times I've been out and they both have been really quite small. Is that just the luck of the draw or do the real small ones hang out in a specific area?
Me too...so far. I've landed 3 coho and all are 2ish pound jacks. Quite a few nice springs though. We need more fish to come through!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.