BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the lower Vedder today with the Gf. We found a great spot after a long walk that was empty. Forgot my 8 wt so I brought my 6 wt and hooked into 6 chum!! Landed 1 really clean fish about 10lbs (bonk!) and on the second fish I handed the rod off to the girlfriend. Fun to watch her try to land a big chum on the 6wt, she got it up to the beach after a 10 minute battle and lost it right as I was about to tail it.(it was flossed anyway and I would have released it) Looked to be about 12 lbs. Lots of fish jumping all around and warm sunshine kept us on the water all day. Chum goes in the smoker tomorrow! I was using a green and silver coho fly, beadhead, and clear sinking line. I was casting straight out into about 6 ft of water and stripping in slowly. Wham!! Those chum hit hard!!!

Matt

·
Registered
146 Posts

Here's my contribution from today. At Lickman Road today. Second cast at 7:30ish came up with this hatchery buck. I love having fresh salmon for Sunday night dinner!
Unfortunately soon after this shot some newb stepped on my fly rod... I had the rod leaning up on my kit but the wind blew it over. I was using a different rod at the time so I didn't notice until he was gone... Grrr... Anyway, $35 later I had a new 8 weight. Gotta love the TFO warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.