BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i met up with Mike D. this morning and we hit the river by about 0800 or so. both of us decided to leave the gear in the trucks and chuck feathers. started at peach rd and found a nice run. we both got into a jack coho (my first salmon of the season! about bloody time...) and a trout after some dinking around. water was great, weather was perfect. i'm sure Mike will jump in here eventually and give his version. lol. it was a great day to get out, and Mike is a good guy to fish with. looking forward to getting out on sunday. once i get my camera unpacked, i'll post up a pic of my jack.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Ya it was a pretty decent day of fishing....I do not understand why it took u soooo long to get into a salmon though SS? took me what like 30 mins to find one on my first trip lol but we won't go there :happy: and ya SteelieStalker is a pretty decent guy to wet a line with....except he likes to cast on you when you get a fish on hahaha....but none the less I landed a nice jack and a trout...then kind of hit a dry spell....turned on again and lost a nice something right at SS's feet...he didn't see that coming ;D had a couple missed hits, and had 2 other brief hookups....

Ya it was kind of risky, but we were in a high traffic area and were not too far from our trucks....see the size of one of us coming their way and they'd be runnin' and the big guy is not SS lol the funniest part was seeing these 2 gangster kids hiding in some bushes on the dike by peach and chucking rocks into the river by all the snaggers lol was funny!...speaking of snagging I thought there was sockeye running in the river today with all the 3-4 foot leaders I saw!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean by high traffic area. Still, I never leave anything of value in my vehicle - no matter where I park on that river (or the Chehalis). Too many break-ins - including my own car about 5 years ago. I had virtually nothing of value in it, and the buggers still broke a window and made a mess.

Good to hear that you found a decent run for the fly. I was up at the hatchery yesterday and it was full of dark coho. The only clean fish were 3 jacks. Makes me wonder how many fresh fish are moving in right now. I hope the main run materializes...adult fish that is. I have hooked a few jacks and have 3 in the freezer right now. Nice fish, but I've hooked Kamloops trout that are bigger then these guys. Enjoy the BCFR fishout Sun! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.