BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fly fishin' today at the Vedder...............Spent the whole day with Proff on the vedder today and what started off as a cold day turned into a nice outing weather wise, but no big fish stories to pass along..............We hit all the usual haunts, and we got a good workout hiking a good chunk of the river.....Perfect conditions, and company but we came up empty.....Oh well a few more times before the end of the season. The snow should be melting soon, then things will change................Good luck out there................Ortho 8)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Actually Chrome, you would be best to fish Intruders in a variety of colours (purples, oranges, greens), articulated bunny leeches (purple/pink combos are very good), egg patterns, Popsicles, large stonefly nymphs and even try minnow patterns.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Sorry I missed you guys, I arrived @ the river around 4pm. (work kept me late) :p I tried looking for you but no luck. I ran into a couple of FFBC members from the sister site, and ended up fishing with them. I got some love from a chrome bullet doe who took a liking to my Blue Heron. ;D Wow traditional patterns do work.! However getting stung by it, seemed to give it second thoughts about it's oringinal intentions. After a good run, and some acrobatics I got my fly spit back. :eek: That's the second time I've been worked by a fish in as many trips...Hmmm? :confused: I'll sneek out again later this evening. :thumbup:

Finder ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
well no love for us today so apparently we didnt have the right fly either LOL Happy I did however catch a 2lb carp (if this is that they really are)
That's just fantastic! Get's the blood going, and then... Carp! I had the same thing happen at the Hope Slough. Normally 'bows and Kokanee but now it's Carp and PM...
Oh well... A few more days to go. I'm just glad to be fishing!!!
Cheers!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am starting to get the fever as well. Can someone refresh me as to when the runs start for the Vedder and Squamish. Don't we see a run of red springs in late July in the Vedder? When do the Coho and Chums start to show?

Cheers

·
Registered
233 Posts
young gun said:
the springs will be in there july 1st but water is high, coho start mid to late september and chums come in october. thousands of them invade the river for the rookie pin fisherman to play with (me! ;D)
coho start in mid-lat august there chief. only a few though, but there usually are a few in by late august.

·
Registered
455 Posts
young gun said:
the springs will be in there July 1st but water is high, coho start mid to late september and chums come in october. thousands of them invade the river for the rookie pin fisherman to play with (me! ;D)
There are the odd spring in there at the beginning of July they normally do not show up until the second to third week of July

·
Registered
901 Posts
Second week for me just need to pick my days off
Oh there is a stat in June good i will work it and take the day in the second week giving me three days off :happy: :happy:
might need to stay over night to cut down gas costs :confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.