BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its almost time for the red springs :D !!im just wondering if anyone has herd of any reports about the numbers that are going to be comin this year?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i just recently got a new rod and reel!only tried it once for steelhead, can't wait for those big springs to break it in :lol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never fished the vedder the first week of july!I usauly wait a couple of weeks, by then the fish are in numbers everywhere!but i am to excited this year,just wonderin wat pools are good to fish the first week?

D

·
0 Posts
im going on the 15th ,im stoked! cant wait! never fished for reds, whats the best method ?(roe,wool,spiners)

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
if you are going to hit the Vedder this weekend i would put most of your concentration in the lower end

now in saying this doesnt mean that there cant be some fish found higher up however i would think that if you are going to find some the bottom end would be best to start with at least

HOOK

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
danielk.....I would start off with bright red roe thats what works best for me!If that isn't workin i would experment with differnt things till u find one they are hittin!
Goodluck!!

·
Banned
187 Posts
I use double rocket red pro cured roe, that usually producess, if not I like a long 2" peice of oarange wool they seem to like that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
well im not going out on the 1st because my favorite early chinnok pool has people wating there as early as 5 am or maybe earlier. its right were the sumas and vedder meet, there is a bar that extends a bit and in reacent year of high water people throw out 3 ounce weights which seem to stay well on the bottom followed by a medium sized corkie and chum roe. THEY DESTROY THOSE CHINNOOK MAN I COULDENT BELIEVE MY EYES. EVERY CHINOOK THAT PASSED THAT LURE HIT IT HARD. i myself will stick to the fraser until the 20th or around there. well keep you lines tight buddies.

D

·
0 Posts
thanks for the info if anyone needs a ride let me know like i said im going up there on the 15th or 16th depending on work
8)

D

·
0 Posts
I started out at the ranger un for a while worked my way down river chucked roe, wool combinations I managed to hook a sockeye wich was gently released but didnt see any springs didt see alot of people out on the river either, im gonna head to the fraser tommorow

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanx for the report!im headin to the vedder tamorow!ill fill ya in when i get back

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fished from 7-1 saw a couple in the pools herd of 2 caught but there isnt much in the system yet!wait another week or two!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Made the first trip for Reds today. Didn't see any Spring, only a few trout. Was too hot to really concentrate on fishing :shock: :wink:

·
Banned
187 Posts
im getting antsy to head out, wont be able to till around the 18th or so :? hopefully going for a camping trip on the vedder.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts