BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never fished the vedder the first week of july!I usauly wait a couple of weeks, by then the fish are in numbers everywhere!but i am to excited this year,just wonderin wat pools are good to fish the first week?

· Banned
2,854 Posts
if you are going to hit the Vedder this weekend i would put most of your concentration in the lower end

now in saying this doesnt mean that there cant be some fish found higher up however i would think that if you are going to find some the bottom end would be best to start with at least

HOOK

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
danielk.....I would start off with bright red roe thats what works best for me!If that isn't workin i would experment with differnt things till u find one they are hittin!
Goodluck!!

· Registered
57 Posts
well im not going out on the 1st because my favorite early chinnok pool has people wating there as early as 5 am or maybe earlier. its right were the sumas and vedder meet, there is a bar that extends a bit and in reacent year of high water people throw out 3 ounce weights which seem to stay well on the bottom followed by a medium sized corkie and chum roe. THEY DESTROY THOSE CHINNOOK MAN I COULDENT BELIEVE MY EYES. EVERY CHINOOK THAT PASSED THAT LURE HIT IT HARD. i myself will stick to the fraser until the 20th or around there. well keep you lines tight buddies.

G

·
I started out at the ranger un for a while worked my way down river chucked roe, wool combinations I managed to hook a sockeye wich was gently released but didnt see any springs didt see alot of people out on the river either, im gonna head to the fraser tommorow

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.