BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out from 1st light till about 12 today, and all over the river. Clarity was about 3' and the river was in nice shape...Rumours of a few that made it to shore ( shrimp and roe used)...Happy Canada Day everyone :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Red Springs?

I've only fished the Vedder once and that was an attempt to catch a Steelhead last year. No luck. I'm eager to get the timing right this season. Having never done so yet, I really want to catch a Spring or Chinook this season. Today, I'm going to try to hike along part or parts of the Vedder River. The only access I know of is at the south end of Webster Rd. This puts me on the north side of the river. If you know of better places for parking and access to the river, please help me out. I don't mind a nice long hike.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
2metric

you can get to the river praticlarly everywhere the road follows almost the whole lenght to the hatchery

why dont you try (this early in season) Lickman Rd. park there and you can walk up or down the river and fish all your heart desires

there is lots of gorgeous fishable water there

hope this helps

HOOK

D

·
0 Posts
I fished lickman road today , water was very clear but a bit high there was a few people around didnt see anything hooked, tried peach road as well didnt see much either, Between now and the end of July will only get better

·
Registered
85 Posts
Terminology...

Ya sorry there, I just wasn't sure what to call those black gummed beasts at this time of year. Thanks Hook for the better access road. I didn't know that there was parking there. Saweet! I think my old man and I are going to hike downriver as far as we can.

I'll report how it goes!

Cheers with beers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sunday

I was out there Sunday as well. Walked from the train bridge towards the canal. Fished several areas but didn't have any luck. It certainly wasn't crowded but those I did see had not had any luck either. I was fishing roe sacks and then I tried dark red wool.
I have heard the Fraser has been pretty good so I would imagine the fish should start moving into the Vedder fairly soon. I found the river and bit high and a little fast but nice and clear. Should be a great summer. Quite a few mosquitos close to the woods. Not something that I have notice there before.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts