BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DID ANYONE FISH THERE OVER THE WEEKEND OR IS IT STILL BLOWN OUT. LIVE IN RICHMOND AND LONG DRIVE FOR NO FISHING?

JIM

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I have it on good authority that the river, although fishable water levels wise, has little to zero visibility and is not worth the effort...I think with the floods and the resultant changes to the course of the river, that it will take a long time before the river clears up...the chehalis would be a better option for ya hunter....
rib

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
when do steelhead start running?
Depends on the river. New Year's day on the Vedder has always been fun. If you want them right now, head to the Stamp River.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
There will likely be the odd one in there right now...hard work though, gotta know your holding area's work em hard, and move on...new years day sounds more enjoyable...

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you want steelies now head to the stamp. The stamp is on fire with the first run of winters comming thru and with summer's all over and very agressive. I'd show you some pictures but i forgot my camera this time. :shock: had 2 30 fish days. :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
The Stamp river is in Port Alberni on Vancouver Island. It's worth fishing :) , first with a guide like Murphy :lol: , then go on your own!! I know that a friend of mine Matt is an excellent 8) person to talk to, as his is a master on this river :idea: , aka Ironoggin- took me out one day while i was over and put me into many fish and taugh me alot about the system and the steelie habits. Thanks buds !! and cant wait to come over again soon! Last week was pretty good and it only gets better. :p

steelie

·
Registered
247 Posts
just a thought boys. the posts about the rides should go thru a PM as they have nothing to do with the posting of reports,and the last comment (ride whores) is totally uncalled for. i know this should have been sent thru PM as well but maybe after members read this they will keep to fishing reports in the report section, my two cents worth.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
just a thought boys. the posts about the rides should go thru a PM as they have nothing to do with the posting of reports,and the last comment (ride whores) is totally uncalled for. i know this should have been sent thru PM as well but maybe after members read this they will keep to fishing reports in the report section, my two cents worth.
Agreed.

But to put this thread back on track, what are the water conditions of the Vedder? Has it cleared up at all with all of this snow, assuming it doesn't rain and blow out the river.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The vedder doesn't really close until May to june where the upper above vedder crossing is closed and below the river becomes fly fishing only. If you can find em you can fish them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
One last question~!!

I heard that if anyone doesn't have steely conservation sticker, can't even fish for other fish on Vedder after

sometime around December.

This year, I didn't patch steely conservation sticker, but i want to fly fish for couple of other trout other than steely.

Should I just end the season on Vedder, or any other recommendation with other system??

Thanks in advance~!!

bravo!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts