BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chum 8888 and I also gave it a go at first light. We managed to each hook about a half dozen fish and I landed this nice chrome bullet that weighed 16 pounds gutted.

My "mentor" also joined us a bit later and he tagged into a couple of chrome bars. He had one bend his no. 4 gammy right at the beach and pop goes the hook!

Chum 8888 is going to be curing up some smokin' roe! Hook & Britguy - you met Chum 8888 last week..and yes, I landed her on 10 lb flurocarbon (you'd think I'd learn my lesson by now). Btw - water was in nice shape - but the rain started coming down in the afternoon. Hope the visibility stays OK...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Nice chromer
Hey FM where you at the same run
I am hoping to head out Monday if the water doesnt color too much :hmmm:
love to see Chum 8888's roe when its done :thumbup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Flyfishin Magician said:
Chum 8888 and I also gave it a go at first light. We managed to each hook about a half dozen fish and I landed this nice chrome bullet that weighed 16 pounds gutted.

My "mentor" also joined us a bit later and he tagged into a couple of chrome bars. He had one bend his no. 4 gammy right at the beach and pop goes the hook!

Chum 8888 is going to be curing up some smokin' roe! Hook & Britguy - you met Chum 8888 last week..and yes, I landed her on 10 lb flurocarbon (you'd think I'd learn my lesson by now). Btw - water was in nice shape - but the rain started coming down in the afternoon. Hope the visibility stays OK...
The special sauce comes through again!

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
nice fish FFM :thumbup: glad to see your putting that gear rod to work :cheers:

Chum 888 you make some good roe as i have seen even your old stuff work great ;D and your new fresher stuff is working as good or better

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers guys. Yes, that is probably one of the cleanest springs I've ever landed from that river. That's the beauty of fishing the early season! Btw - I haven't seen a ton of spring jacks around. Just a few landed here and there. Anyone else seen any in good numbers?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Flyfishin Magician said:
Cheers guys. Yes, that is probably one of the cleanest springs I've ever landed from that river. That's the beauty of fishing the early season! Btw - I haven't seen a ton of spring jacks around. Just a few landed here and there. Anyone else seen any in good numbers?
7 or 8 days ago I saw so many, and so many were landed also by others. yesterday, however, I saw only one hooked and landed.

G

·
Registered
695 Posts
Flyfishin Magician said:
not like the last couple of weeks we've been hitting them like mad.....just the other day i noticed a lot of big bruisers around now ;D

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
ya i also havent seen alot of jacks around but i did get one today along with a bunch of bigger ones. the big big ones are slowing starting to show up now, saw 2 landed that were in the 30-40lb range. I think we will be seeing a bunch of those 50+lbers this year. those will be a panic on a pin reel :happy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.