BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start this topic for anyone who fishes the vedder any day of the week. From beginners to pros, please update your personal fishing report here. The rivers getting tougher this time of the month, and since the vedder seems to be so popular i figured this might be a good idea. Thanks in advance to all participants!! :thumbup:

· Registered
517 Posts
Dubz said:
I would like to start this topic for anyone who fishes the vedder any day of the week. From beginners to pros, please update your personal fishing report here. The rivers getting tougher this time of the month, and since the vedder seems to be so popular i figured this might be a good idea. Thanks in advance to all participants!! :thumbup:
I would say none of the people in this forum is going fishing everyday, otherwise they would have not been in this forum ;)

· Registered
517 Posts

· Registered
876 Posts
Giuseppe said:
Dubz said:
I would say none of the people in this forum is going fishing everyday, otherwise they would have not been in this forum ;)
I go almost everyday.... actually I do go every day as long as I am home. Last 2 weeks in Oregon was a blast :happy: :happy: :thumbup:

· Registered
517 Posts
Every Day said:
Giuseppe said:
Dubz said:
I go almost everyday.... actually I do go every day as long as I am home. Last 2 weeks in Oregon was a blast :happy: :happy: :thumbup:
ops! I forgot about "Every Day". ;) However, even you go fishing "almost" everyday. :beerchug:

· Registered
787 Posts
mrmugs said:
It's not that hard. ::)
Why not go to the river yourself and give it a try.
The reason the minimum of 20 posts rule was made was to encourage people to put up some worthy info and experience.
http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/index.php/topic,2940.0.html
I agree, stop trying to mooch info casue you dont have 20 posts, post some questions you may have, or help someone out if they need it, add some info to the site that others can use, just dont sign up and expect people to add there fishing report to your started thread cause you cant get 20 posts ... how hard can it be to get 20 posts anyway...

Im trying not to sound like a hardass with you ,,, but why dont you go out fishing and post a report on here !!! Good day bad day,no fish you got fish either way a report will get some comments and you can answer them as they go.. making your post count go up !!!!

· Registered
898 Posts
Dubz I give you Ten out of Ten for trying :happy:
no short cuts to good knowledge
need to put in your time 8)

· Registered
517 Posts
Shane said:
Giuseppe said:
FishFreak said:
barskull said:
Or if you're racing against Giuseppe who's averaging 60 posts a week, you'll be there by 9 tonight! 8)

Maybe Giuseppe and Hook are related :D LOL kidding
Maybe... You will never know! :happy: :happy: :happy:
One more smilie and you woulda fooled me LOL
:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

· Registered
111 Posts
My version of fishing reports is go fishing and FIGURE IT OUT!!!

Seriously though, I have never found any fishing reports useful anyway, 'cause the river changes constantly, the bite may be on one day and off the next, fish may prefer certain bait/lure one day and something else the next, weather changes, etc. You have to be able to adjust to all the changing variables and you do this by using the general knowledge and wisdom that, in my opinion, is best acquired by talking to people (about technique not fishing reports), reading books (these have helped me alot for steelhead fishing), and by putting in your time on the river where you try to apply those things you have heard or read.

For me, every time I catch a fish on a dynamic water system like the Vedder, I analyze what had just happened by asking myself why and how I caught that fish and also what might have been different about that drift than all the other ones that didn't seem to work.

One time I was fishing next to a guy that was using polarized sunglasses, and after asking him if I could just take a look through them, I realized that I could see the bottom of the river very clearly so I cast my line to see how the presentation looked during the drift. Not surprisingly, with the current knowledge, the float was well ahead of the weight, which was well ahead of the hook and wool, and while the weight was a couple of inches off the bottom, the hook was literally dragging on the gravel bottom bellow. Basically it all looked like sh*t, and it those few seconds I showed myself a BIG reason behind my inability to catch any fish.

The whole point of the story is that someone telling you something and you trying it out for yourself are two very different things, and if you keep going to the "gong show" areas you will simply get frustrated by everyone else that's catching fish while you are not, which will kill your confidence and steer you away from learning things the " right way".

· Registered
517 Posts
Danube_boy said:
My version of fishing reports is go fishing and FIGURE IT OUT!!!

Seriously though, I have never found any fishing reports useful anyway, 'cause the river changes constantly, the bite may be on one day and off the next, fish may prefer certain bait/lure one day and something else the next, weather changes, etc. You have to be able to adjust to all the changing variables and you do this by using the general knowledge and wisdom that, in my opinion, is best acquired by talking to people (about technique not fishing reports), reading books (these have helped me alot for steelhead fishing), and by putting in your time on the river where you try to apply those things you have heard or read.

For me, every time I catch a fish on a dynamic water system like the Vedder, I analyze what had just happened by asking myself why and how I caught that fish and also what might have been different about that drift than all the other ones that didn't seem to work.

One time I was fishing next to a guy that was using polarized sunglasses, and after asking him if I could just take a look through them, I realized that I could see the bottom of the river very clearly so I cast my line to see how the presentation looked during the drift. Not surprisingly, with the current knowledge, the float was well ahead of the weight, which was well ahead of the hook and wool, and while the weight was a couple of inches off the bottom, the hook was literally dragging on the gravel bottom bellow. Basically it all looked like sh*t, and it those few seconds I showed myself a BIG reason behind my inability to catch any fish.

The whole point of the story is that someone telling you something and you trying it out for yourself are two very different things, and if you keep going to the "gong show" areas you will simply get frustrated by everyone else that's catching fish while you are not, which will kill your confidence and steer you away from learning things the " right way".
I agree with you that trying your self and practicing your skill is most likely the best way to learn. But I have to say that I also learned so many things in this website. Not from everyone, there are idi..s here, as well as very snobby and arrogant people, but also many nice people with so much knowledge and experience (alos idi..s with so much knowledge and experience). I also agree with you that the majority of the reports are only a way of showing off followed by compliments and irrelevant comments.

Giuseppe

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.