BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm heading out tomorrow morning...

I get one day off work a week, at best, so....this one has been a long time coming. I can hardly wait!!!

Of course I will report when I return tomorrow night, but before it's all said and done, a question to everyone out there...

Anyone going up to the vedder tomorrow?

If so, let me know, maybe we can hook up and trade info...

Anyways...untill tomorrow.

Rib

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Spending a day with Sanderson floating the bottom end from Crossing to KWB. You can't miss us, camo float boats and 13 ft rods. Putting the new "Chinook" jig series to the test, am expecting good things. I have heard the fish are there, just rather tight lipped. We'll see what they think about breathing ,buggy , living things entering their world, predictable results I'm sure :lol: .
Might bring the goggles along for a better look :twisted: .

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Sooooooo.....how many fish did you count? I thought that would be a cool thing to do on a lazy summer day. At least you would know which pools to skip. Were the jigs jigglin? Were they catchin'?. :?: ..........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Nothing positive to report from the float.
Saw no Springs at all visually, a few socks who we got to bite a few times before they spooked.
Sanderson made contact with an unknown salmon briefly.
I switched to some spinners I'm testing from www.rvrfshr.com (the best metalwork around).
Quickly I was rewarded with a HUGE squawfish, this fella could eat steelie smolts.
There was a lady swimming in the great spring pool, just above the train bridge, she saw no salmon at all, after repeated swims with the face mask.
The lower river seems very filled in, alot of once deep pools have become shallower and swifter.
The usual suspects were at the Lickman meathole, ripping away, one guy had a dead spring on parade. We floated by quickly to avoid being flossed :lol: .

My observations would be, that there is low numbers of springs in the lower river and not that many socks. Seems theres a good pod of socks in KWB and they are being targeted with unsavory techniques, very sad. The possibility that many springs shot up river is good, being that the water is seasonally high and the bottom end lacks the deep holes it once had.
I wish I could have fished mid river in the holes I favor for Chinook, but with a mangled ankle, floating the lower is my only option right now.
Guess I'll have to wait for the ankle to heal, then I'll get back out and give the Chinooks a good jigging over.
The jigs we use for Chinooks are simply the same as we use for steelies, but tied on 3/0 gammys. These are also what we use for the big steelies that travel up the Fraser in the fall.
Good luck out there and I hope you can find those fish.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, sorry for the late report... Nothing for me on Monday, water was in excellent shape, saw a few sockeye coming in, and two springs break water...also a flosser who got skunked, as far as I know anyway.....but alas, no fish for me and my buddy Vic. Fished the lower river from lickman down to almost the canal...and like I said conditions were ideal, and although usually the springs show themselves as they move into the pools, there didn't appear to be that much activity for us that day...I'll be back at it next week...
Rib

1 - 6 of 6 Posts