BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I had canceled all my plans to go fishing today, told 2 people I was not going...had things to do at home. But...I couldn't sleep, body woke me up around 4:30 this morning and felt wide awake. Said to myself screw it I'm going, yanked some roe out of the freezer and packed up my vest and waders and out the door quarter after 5am.
Arrived on the river just before 6:30am, no one to be spotted in either direction, tied on my leader and did two short drifts. Looking out to the opposite shore saw alot of fishing rolling and the odd jumper. Right at the end of my third drift bobber down with a scrappy jack chinook at the end. One little flip and off he goes. Reload my hook and cast out again, same spot bobber down, landed my first salmon of the day before 7am. Landed 5 fish today, 4 jack chinooks and one very small jack coho. Released the coho and 2 of the chinooks as they were a little dark and I was hoping to get into some coho. Was having a hard time getting my hook set, had another 5 solid hits and lost 3 close to shore. Using gammies, even sharpened them up from time to time. Bite was on until just before 9am and then it went cold, fish stopped rolling and no takers it seemed. Fished until 1pm so I could avoid rush hour back into Vancouver.
vedder 006.jpg vedder 003.jpg vedder 002.jpg
phone pictures..not the best looking photos

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Thanks for the report dude...enjoy reading someone elses success! Great conditions to be out on the Vedd now for all u salmon fisherman!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for some inspiration. After first reading the live report today I figured she was not in good shape. Rain Rain. Hey Van whats an average Jack weigh? 3, 5,????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts