BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long will the winter steel be running the vedder??? I was really planning to hit it hard this season.. Then i broke my ankle while in ontario for christmas!!! Now i'm on crutches for 8 weeks which means no fishing until march.. whats happening then??

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
As "the King" stated that will put you right on line for prime time.

The river will fish well untill the day it closes for steel fishing (April 30 for all intensive purposes) There is a May fly only opening below Vedder Crossing as well if that interests you.

In april there are many dark fish holding in the upper river but also fresh fish moving into the lower so I usually stay down river after mid april. Less fish around but they are better quality. I like to leave the darker fis in the upper river alone whenever possible.

:2cents:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thats encouraging.. I was worried that i was S.O.L. I will be mainly using the fly rod so the lower is were i'll be, thanks for the replies! In the meantime i'm going to learn how to tie my own flies up and get 'em ready for march! cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.