BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished just above the clay bank this morning. Three of us at the hole and saw nice splashes, leaps, rolls, etc for hours, and the fish moved up and by. A few strikes but nothing landed. It seemed like the fish were spooked; running up river through the green water, then hitting our patch of clear water and moving on in a hurry.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
you might have trie moving down river a bit into the slightly dirtier water where the fish feel more comfortable. I have seen fish do what you said lots when they hit clear water all of a sudden, they freak out and bolt the hell out of there into some riffly stuff or a really deep spot.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We threw everything at them, and it wasn't until I waded upstream and went right to the top of the hole were the big water entered and dropped a spoon in there that I got a hook up. Entertaining to watch the splashing, but next trip I'll try the green water below the clay bank.

I forgot: if you can see the fish, they can also see you!

· Registered
1,165 Posts
My brother was up fishing that hole yesterday as well and he said that the fish where every where and nothing was biting. He sounded so frustrated, which was the perfect opportunity for me to rub in how much he sucks just too make him feel a little worse. Then I explained to him what was going on and he started to feel a little better. Once he moved down river to mid river the fishing was better. It was a great learning experience for him as he is just starting to get into fishing the last couple of years. I can not wait to get him out on some of my favorite rivers.

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
A little rain coming this weekend...those of you wanting better vis should try and take advantage of this now...skip work, barter with the wife, whatever you have to do...that vis will be back down to under a foot even with very little rain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.