BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was a very exciting day for me on the flow.....after all the time spent on the river it finally paid off!

Hit the river around 630am today with my boss and we met up with HOOK. I was planning on using some nice wool patterns today but to my surprise HOOK greeted us with a "hey I brought an extra tub of roe for ya".....WOW what a nice guy.....now I was super stoked to get my line wet. It was rather cold today and it almost felt like a steelhead day, and for a Tuesday it was very busy out there....

I was watching as multiple fish were caught and landed, hooked and lost, and even a few caught and released but my rod was not having that kind of luck. So at about 10am I decided that it was time to change my entire rig from float to hook....well about 5-6 casts in....BAM....and the fight was on....after about 10mins and some help from HOOK tailing it for me I had my first ever Vedder Spring weighing in at about 20lbs....a nice chrome doe.....check out the pics!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Nice very nice fish thebrodz.

What do you mean changed from FLOAT to HOOK ?

What did you use to catch it ?

You got one more than I ever did on the Vedder or ever will ...................................... GOOD ONE :beerchug:

Cape R

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the congrats guys....

As far as changing my rig....I switched to a DNE 35g float from a foam dink (more sensitivity), threaded my pencil lead onto the line vs. attaching with rubber tube, new swivel, and I kept the same leader length (about 20") and 1# gammy hook....who knows how much of a difference it made but let me tell you it will be my new go to set up for sure!!

Cheers

·
Registered
290 Posts
nice fish!......i need to get out of my 6 trips stump with no fish. a lot better then witnessing snaggers and someone who took a foul hooked fish home that claimed i am blind just because i was across him. :naughty:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Nice fish, but I'm with the others, I think the smile is bigger than the fish ;D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.