BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Vedder really early. Hooked up a couple of Jack Springs, and landed them. Also, hooked up and landed maybe a 25 lb female White Spring. The spring was quite a battle as I have a couple of cracked ribs from a hockey game last weekend and I was on the high side of the Canal. I had to manuever it through two log jams, and jump down, keep tension, and control the fish all in one motion; it took me down river about 200 feet and then finally land it on my own after 8 minutes. I was short floating with orange red wool for the jacks, with 18 inch leader. For the spring I used red wool and same length leader. I'll post photos when I download it from the camera! Overall, it was a good day for me, lots of hits in the morning and left the river before noon. I saw a couple of guys across land a few Jack Springs, and one hatchery Coho. It started slowing down by noon, but I did see a couple of kids land a 30 lbs Spring as they brought it up infront of me and I helped them lift it up the bank. Oh yeah, and the water cleared up a lot from yesterday.

· Registered
736 Posts
Nice report Reckles. I made it out for a much needed trip this moring as well. Hit the river this morning bright and early, figured I would get out there and get a good spot..... until I realized that no one sleeps anymore!! :D There was about 30 guys already there. So I just wandered down river a bit to a spot that was much less crowded. There were a lot of fish in the area. Saw a couple nice Coho hooked, I myself lost a couple Coho and a Spring on Roe. But I didn't have much and soon ran out. So on to Blades, which actually worked nicely. Wasn't really that nice of water for them, but for some reason I have something against wool. Anyhow, hooked 4 more Spring Jacks and to many pink. Kept a couple of Jacks, one of which was a Red. Was a ncie day out and might even get back out there in the morning. Here is a pic of one of the Jacks. :)

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Nice jack Dave. I will hopefully be out there in the am but if the weather changes the river too much we are heading to a back up flow for the day with the fly rods :thumbup: . Either one will be good.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
my dad and i were also out with a buddy of mine. we all hit fish mostly Jacks but i got a hatchery coho (see contest for picture) and lost a couple more. my dad got a wild one released after pic ;D(he will post later) also got a few jacks however i only brought 2 home. it was nice to hook quality fish instead of having boot humpies grabbing your gear. i was fishing roe today, good to see my new skill of roe making works great ;D

tight lines

HOOK

· Registered
1,461 Posts
Hit the chilliwack today as well. Im having trouble with these coho..... I cant keep them off my hook ;D ;D ;D fished for about an hour and a half and hooked 4 coho and landed 2. Taking a break from curing the roe so I figured Id type up a quick post.

· Registered
78 Posts
lovely fish everyone, great work good work ya put in, it sure pays off dont it?
i lost some nice coho on friday but it dont stop me to get em when i return 8)

· Banned
279 Posts
shane said:
Hit the chilliwack today as well. Im having trouble with these coho..... I cant keep them off my hook ;D ;D ;D fished for about an hour and a half and hooked 4 coho and landed 2. Taking a break from curing the roe so I figured Id type up a quick post.
Fuck shane i hate you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. ;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.