BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chucked feathers all day today in the mid to upper river. The water was high and clear and there were no fish felt or spotted. I wish I had a better report. On the good side, my Dad and I had the river completely to ourselves and it was a beautiful day to do some walking and scouting.

· Registered
98 Posts
Got back from lickman at about 4, there was about 15 people crowding the tailout with one guy aparently pullin in 3 springs at the very end. And one caught on the other side by a young lady. Other than that no luck for me and while i was there no one else.

· Registered
517 Posts
Roughingminor said:
Chucked feathers all day today in the mid to upper river. The water was high and clear and there were no fish felt or spotted. I wish I had a better report. On the good side, my Dad and I had the river completely to ourselves and it was a beautiful day to do some walking and scouting.
Thanks Roughingminor, it is good to report your day out no matter the number of fishes landed. Also, it makes feel better people like me with not so much experience!! :happy:

Looking forward to you next report, which I am sure will describe actions! :beerchug:

G

· Registered
876 Posts
Worst part about all of this is this is no indication of what the float fishers are going through :wallbash: Best time is early morning when none of the fish are spooked and will hit anything from spoons to roe. After about 8 am the snaggers/flossers start showing up and start throwing their 2 onces at these poor fish causing them to go deep and get a severe case of lock jaw. Worst part about that is that it is right where the bottom bounces want them, right on the bottom :'(

· Registered
233 Posts
young gun said:
i think this time of year u gotta keep moving, pounding pressured fish is pointless, fish it kinda like if u were steelheading.
pounding pressured fish is FAR from pointless. most times try something completely different than what the other guys are using...its not pointless because it works

· Banned
2,854 Posts
I agree with you on that one Cody. I have fly fished many times with loads of gear guys around me and still caught several if not more fish then them (at times) just because i was using something different. sometimes the key is to give them something they havent looked at all week long.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.