BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Ved at first light
not much happening at first then when the sun came up i seen more fish splashing around
Nothing was hooked at the run i was at
I then moved to another spot where one guy had been there since first light and had hooked nothing yet there were lots of fish in the run
I fished for a while with no luck
then another guy joined us
He hooked into a big spring but lost it at the tail out
he then hooks another one but lands it and releases it
it was a big fish :eek:
The first guy then hooks one but soon losses it
he then leaves
The second guy then hooks and lands a chrome 18lb ( minus guts and eggs) female spring
He gives me some tips on what he was using and how he was fishing the run
he then leaves
I try the run with a few more casts using his tips and fish on
after a short run i get a look at it nice chrome female 10lb ish
I am now thinking ah fresh roe :happy:
as i bring it to the shore it gives a head shake and out pops the hook :wallbash:
Then it was so hot out there i decide to head home
Here was my set up:-
14lb main line, float, swivel, pencil lead, 8lb leader, gamakatsu barbless octopus #2 hook with mixed color wool the size of my thumb nail
The technique- have the float run freely with the current while up right to make the wool presentation seem as natural as an egg floating down the run
At first i was trying to hold back the float but i guess this was not working (hence no bites)
as soon as i switched to the other method that's when i got a bite
And this was in full sunlight and around mid day

·
Registered
146 Posts
Good report, thanks for the info! Sorry to hear you lost the fish but it's nice to know that they can actually be caught in the middle of the day (unfortunately that's the usual time I can get there). Cheers!

·
Registered
290 Posts
nice report!! would have made some nice roe i bet. always nice to know there are people who will lend some advices. :cheers: i'll fill my report here as well for today, kinda feel odd making two separate post of the same day. but yeah i made my way to the canal today around 6 pm, i was stunned by the visibility of the water down there. my god it was chedder river, i looked around to see what had cause this and i see a bulldozer digging up far up the river. just my luck that they were digging today, not sure if it'll continue but it was absolutely garbage vis the whole 2 hours i fished lol. I didn't get one sniff or bite :wallbash: but i watched a guy hooked a coho on his spinner but he lost it and another guy who were both on the opposite side of where i was fishing hooked into a spring but he lost his fish. too bad i could have told him how to run that fish in, he was walking the fish down too fast that he was creating too much slack line! worst of alll he walked it tooooooooooo far that his line got caught up with a tree! bye bye fishy! i didn't find it necessary to walk the fish down since it didn't want to go that far down just my opinion that he had enough line to stay in one spot and easily could have turned the fish around. worst of all, i didn't know how the guy was going to beach the fish lol he was too high up and theres no where to beach it unless he's geared to get wet, honestly people should consider where they want the fish to end up not have the fish take control of you.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
hey Britguy

im shocked you didnt know to just let wool presentations do thier own thing. if you hold back on wool it slims and looks fake, same idea with a jig. you want these kind of presentations to float freely so they "puff" out and look more natural.

Brit-Pm me if you were fishing the same spot we hit Saturday?? cause im headed out tomorrow with Giuseppe

·
Registered
517 Posts
Britguy said:
I was at the Ved at first light
not much happening at first then when the sun came up i seen more fish splashing around
Nothing was hooked at the run i was at
I then moved to another spot where one guy had been there since first light and had hooked nothing yet there were lots of fish in the run
I fished for a while with no luck
then another guy joined us
He hooked into a big spring but lost it at the tail out
he then hooks another one but lands it and releases it
it was a big fish :eek:
The first guy then hooks one but soon losses it
he then leaves
The second guy then hooks and lands a chrome 18lb ( minus guts and eggs) female spring
He gives me some tips on what he was using and how he was fishing the run
he then leaves
I try the run with a few more casts using his tips and fish on
after a short run i get a look at it nice chrome female 10lb ish
I am now thinking ah fresh roe :happy:
as i bring it to the shore it gives a head shake and out pops the hook :wallbash:
Then it was so hot out there i decide to head home
Here was my set up:-
14lb main line, float, swivel, pencil lead, 8lb leader, gamakatsu barbless octopus #2 hook with mixed color wool the size of my thumb nail
The technique- have the float run freely with the current while up right to make the wool presentation seem as natural as an egg floating down the run
At first i was trying to hold back the float but i guess this was not working (hence no bites)
as soon as i switched to the other method that's when i got a bite
And this was in full sunlight and around mid day
Nice report Britguy, thanks. I am sure next time you will have more luck early in the morning. you have the right technique now for a godd presentation.
:beerchug:

G

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hey Britguy

How far off the bottom do you think your hook was ?

How long was your leader length ?

Cape R
THANKS FOR THE GREAT REPORT, I was out at the Vet lastnight and didn't get a sniff ...... still learning and looking for #1 :wallbash:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.