BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Been there. Not that many fishermen out there. Not that many at all ... Last year there were much more people on the river.
Have not seen any fish caught. Looked at upper and mid. Water is excellent and very much fishable, have not see any fish moving or holding

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
ok here it is; 6 fish wieghed in, the winner was 14.8lbs 2nd place 13.8, 3rd place 13.2 followed by 3 fish in the 9lb range. my buddy said there was not as many guys as last year and with a fair amount of room on the river. he did manage a fish at around 12:30 in the lower to mid river about 10lbs but lost it at the beach. water had about 2ft of visibility.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It was not that crowded, however the complete lack of etiquette by the folks who in came in below on the boulder run made it fell crowded. Defeated the purpose of being there at first light just to have someone scoop you five minutes later. I asked him if he asked the person in our group whom he was closest if he minded if he came in below us to which he replied 'Why would I do that?'. One of our group of three stated 'looks like he just got out of jail, perhaps you should avoid any further conversation...'.

There were a few other examples but nothing worth getting worked up about.

All in all an alright day, a little burnt out from the three previous days. The boy (14 years old) went for his first swim today. Was only in the water for a few seconds, enough to fill his wader boots (boot foot). He fished for a short bit and then we had to take him to the van for fresh socks and a warming up...he learned from it, I had advised him to move upstream to where it was shallower, he chose his route and the rest is history. Better today than the middle of February.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Would of been 7 fish if i bought a ticket this year. :confused: I bonked a 10.4 doe from mid river at 8.05am on my 12 drift. Thats 3 years in a row no ticket and comming up with fish.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
just curious as to what the snow/road conditions were derby morning.....my fishing partner lives up on sumas mt and they had 10 inches of snow by midnight (snow plows did not get out untill 9:00 wed morn) and he did not want to try to drive down the mt so we decided to pass......what a drag

·
Registered
694 Posts
Nocoho, I doubt you'll want to hear it but the roads were fine. Just had to take it easy.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
no its 2 wheel drive......i have had a couple of 4 wheel drives but decided to give that up and opt for a bit better gas mileage and less costly repairs in a 2 wheel......that dollie i got a few days ago was in that spot where we met up a couple of times.....starting off there tomorrow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.