BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
unfortunately, at this time of year, it has the easiest access and the earliest run next to the cap. Later on it should be more productive in the other systems. Of course there is bar fishing or bb on the fraser if you have a boat. I do hope to try the Skagit on the US side later in the season. The river there doesn`t open until sept.15

·
Registered
132 Posts
Another reason is that many people do fish other places but they don't want to talk about them over the world wide web for anybody and everybody to see. This makes many people angry but that's the way it is. People don't want to see the nice little flow they fish over run with people reading about it on these forums.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hook Set said:
Another reason is that many people do fish other places but they don't want to talk about them over the world wide web for anybody and everybody to see. This makes many people angry but that's the way it is. People don't want to see the nice little flow they fish over run with people reading about it on these forums.

Amen...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hook Set said:
I have to agree with ya. Some places are better off not talking about on the net! And the vedder does happen to be the closest river to alot of people in the lower mainland, and is no secret!

·
Registered
193 Posts
i am from surrey and the vedder is one of the easier accessed rivers where if you have to drive for an hour to get into some good fishing(salmon at its best for fresh water, boatless fishing IMO so far ) , it is a lot better than dealing with traffic,never mind the early morn drive there but the long drive back .i love the chahalis and only been to the squamish once and as for the cap,it is just too much to deal with as i usually go alone.as you will find, the most voiced people on this site seem local to the river or have a severe love for it.as for chahalis,cap,squamish i have found people to be a lot more tight lipped(why i dont know)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just out of curiosity Thatton what do you have against the vedder?

its a very nice river to fish ,there is good fishing to be found for the adventurous and there can be a very social place to fish if you arent so adventurous. Its a fairly short drive and it has lots of different water.

as long as everyone respects each other it can be down right pleasant

cheers
Swiftwater

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
I'll let you in on a little secret called the Vedder. It's BC's most prolific river, but not too many people know about it.

For an urban river, it is still the most productive in BC. Period.Get over it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.