BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody walk the river today? Wondering how bad...............blown out or no?
Heading up tomorrow, hope to be able to throw out a cast or two on Friday!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
fished mid river today.....colored up but if you know what you are doing very fishable......beached 14 lb chrome hatch buck......lost 3 more coho........released about a dozen jacks and about 20 humpies......lost 3 big springs......saw quite a few other ho's beached.....some very poor fishing practices going on out there.......couple of guys across the river from us nailed a lot of coho......there method was to drag them up on the rocks and if they were wild they kicked them back into the river......another guy was fighting a coho as we were walking out, he gets it close to the rocks and then yanked it 6 feet in the air onto the rocks behind him, then seeing it was wild and seeing we are standing behind watching him he throws it back into the water....he looks up at us and says he could not tell what it was so i said keep the damn fish in the water untill you know for sure.....what an ahole

·
Banned
17 Posts
everyone talks big on the internet, but come on push the guy in the river? give your head a shake, you push him in, he drowns, you just killed someone, whether hes a snagger or a poacher they dont deserve to die over it, theres also the risk you take up more than you can handle and you end up in the drink,beat up or worse... best not to get physical with guys on the river, you never know who your fukking with.
a little polite education, if they dont listen, then whatever there not going to change

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
BigPapaPump said:
everyone talks big on the internet, but come on push the guy in the river? give your head a shake, you push him in, he drowns, you just killed someone, whether hes a snagger or a poacher they dont deserve to die over it, theres also the risk you take up more than you can handle and you end up in the drink,beat up or worse... best not to get physical with guys on the river, you never know who your EDITED with.
a little polite education, if they dont listen, then whatever there not going to change
Excellent post. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Roe_Pig said:
BigPapaPump said:
everyone talks big on the internet, but come on push the guy in the river? give your head a shake, you push him in, he drowns, you just killed someone, whether hes a snagger or a poacher they dont deserve to die over it, theres also the risk you take up more than you can handle and you end up in the drink,beat up or worse... best not to get physical with guys on the river, you never know who your EDITED with.
Yes you are absolutely correct - but you sure as hell feel like pushing him in! Some people just have plain disregard for the fish! And you are right - it is not worth getting beat up over - Just hard to bite your tongue sometimes to these jerks! I apologize for bringing it up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm going to be heading out tommorow regardless! First time out to the Vedder this year. Taking a buddy out who's a newb to Drift fishing and doesn't like to crowds (I'm not a fan either). Any suggestions where to put in the time to get some results? Sounds like mid to upper river is where is going to be the best for visability. Cheers guys! Hopefully I can post a successful report by tommorow!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sonds like you answered your own question
higher up would be better to stay away from the crowds
do some hiking and try find new spots
this is part of the fun
most times i go i find a new spot i havent fished :D
if you just want to hit fish then join the crowds :-\
and have fun out there
look forward to your report livinlarge

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Fishnfvr

Don't be sorry for bringing it up, we all have run into guys like that, but as far as what bigpapapump said
we may all be all talk in the forum but what we say here and what we would do on the river is two different things. Yes I woulds like to push the guy in the river that display's poor fishing habits, but I really don't think that anyone in his forum would do it. So for bigpapapump to say what he said is correct but come on bigpapapump you need to lighten up and relax all we are doing it Bulls**ting with each other in here.

That's like the guy that would post that he was up fishing and limited out at some fishing hole which you had be fishing at all day and got nothing along with they guy's that where there, you take things with a grain of salt, believe what you want to and reconize when someone is just blowing smoke out of there A**
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
fishnfvr said:
Roe_Pig said:
BigPapaPump said:
Yes you are absolutely correct - but you sure as hell feel like pushing him in! Some people just have plain disregard for the fish! And you are right - it is not worth getting beat up over - Just hard to bite your tongue sometimes to these jerks! I apologize for bringing it up.
No need to apologize for bringing it up. I too share your frustration at the antics of some of the so called fishermen.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't let the rain keep you away. I fished the lower, between Lickman and the train bridge yesterday and the conditions are very good. :happy:
Visibility is 2-3 feet, water only came up 2 feet and is falling. A lot of old pinks and chum close to shore, but also a lot of fresh fish moving up. A lot of dish around to keep everybody happy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
nocoho said:
another guy was fighting a coho as we were walking out, he gets it close to the rocks and then yanked it 6 feet in the air onto the rocks behind him, then seeing it was wild and seeing we are standing behind watching him he throws it back into the water....he looks up at us and says he could not tell what it was so i said keep the damn fish in the water untill you know for sure.....what an ahole
I was with a couple of buddies on the weekend (New to river fishing) and he pulled a wild one up on the rocks. I walked over and seen it was a wild coho. He said he thought it was a hatchery but I reminded him that it it's a wild fish you will most likely kill it. He felt bad and didn't pull anymore fish out of the water.

Cheers, Rob

PS: I do agree as there are a lot of ignorant people and I do confront them in a easy going way. There is no way I would ever push or hit someone over fishing. I think I'm seeing a new type of Road Rage... Fish Rage... ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Actually last week when I caught my jack spring there on the vedder (the one that I had shown in the photo last week) a few of the guys around me yelled to me "its a coho" ! I guess they thought this as it was sort of spinning out of the water! So when I brought it up I was very careful to just bring it up to the edge of the water (not taking its head out of the water) and I yelled over to one of the other guys that was there and I asked him because I was not sure myself and there was no adipose fin missing! We checked the tail and the gums and for sure it was a spring. One other thing funny that happened that day was just as I was reeling in my fish - I guess a guy at the top saw me catch it - so he comes down and what does he do - He goes and steps right into my spot! The other guy that was there noticed this also and he said to me - you just go and elbow yourself right up there beside him. So I did - but come on - have some class - when someone is catching a fish or whatever - dont just go and step into someone spot! I wasnt going to let it ruin my day cause I was having sooo much fun as it was. I just fished right beside him ;D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.