BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with 3 trips to the ved this season and only 2 dollies to show for it so far i decided to beat the weekend crowds and hit the flow with great enthusiasm today......weather on the freeway heading in was terrible but as soon as i turned off highway one it stopped raining......water was in great shape and i pounded the lower river untill noon with nothing to show for it......all spots i fished were very fishey looking but nothing.....headed up river and about 1:00 the skies opened up and it was nasty.......water was coloring up fast but pushed on from run to run but it was not to be......one spot i was just going to walk into and this guy walks in just ahead of me and fish on almost immediately.....nice battle but he lost it close to shore....that is the first fish i have seen this year......talked to this guy who told me he was into 10 fish yesterday.....sounds a little FISHY but you never know......he told me where he was fishing so now i have to go back tomorrow and check this spot out.....we will see

this guy was watching me and his parents were as well

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Cool report! The sharing of info on the river by fellow anglers is cool!

Good luck and let us know how that spot works out, then PM me the particulars as I may head out this week! 8)

Hotrod

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
To me it looks like a young eagle on the log? I see no dog anywhere? hmmmmm!!! If you see a dog BGM i need glasses! lol

CK

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone know the conditions of the Vedder as of Saturday pm? I hope to drive over from Vancouver tomorrow morning, but want to make sure the river is fishable. Any help would be much appreciated! :beerchug:

·
Registered
75 Posts
River is in great shape. Fished three times this week and only touched one fish, nothing landed. Heard of a few fish being caught. Some big ones coming in. Wind was nuts today for spey fishers let alone gear guys.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I am heading out in the morning
dont get many sundays off
hope to meet up with a few of you guys out there
good luck all

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well this thread got the better of me and I did a little CSI'ing and blew the picture up and extrapuulated the pixels and magnafied a few millions times, did a acid wash with a full chemical clean, rewashed hang out to dry and the whole process done twice. { if you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bull$hit } Which bring me too the results:::::::: no dog in photo and what looks like a root ball is actually a young eagle on the top log. Nocoho if the young eagle was what you were intending to capture you should try to zoom in as far in as you can go so the subject takes up the whole frame. It can be hard to tell the differance sometimes between the subject and the surrounding foilage when they are very close in color. :2cents:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.