BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any visuals on the vedder river conditions after the rain this afternoon? Thinking about it real hard but can't see it from the north shore! :thumbup:

Hotrod

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
chocklate watet is still good if ya know where to find the fish! Anyone heading out tomorrow first light! Don't have much $ but i have a few excellent honey holes i could share in exchange for a ride!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey hotrod,

I was there this morning checking out Allison pool and the boundry hole. It was clear until about 3:00, then the water went up about a foot and half after the rain. The water is not clear about 6 inches. I hooked up a lot of springs but couldn't land any, they were too big, my line was too light. Some of these things are over 40 lbs. I did land a couple with a friend of mine on Friday: 30 and 40 lber. I only got 2 spring jacks today before the rain started getting heavy.

I'll try it tomorrow, the water should go down some.

Vic

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was up at Tamahi for the weekend and the fishing was very slow. I tend to think I know what I'm doing and can usually hook into a number of fish per day. I saw only 1 coho taken this morning and I released a wild 8lb coho around noon. I had some Buddy's fishing the lower end and they indicated it was dead. The only fish being caught at Tamahi were by the guys fishing the rapids with long leaders so it wasn't very hard to tell that 9 out of 10 fish were foul hooked. Which would explain why I saw CO's issuing fines and confiscating fish Saturday. Hopefully the river will drop and clean up for you as well as some fish moving up stream.

cheers.

:drunk:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot fellas!

You're making it awfully tough to say no! I know I can hook fish in low vis conditions but it's not alot of fun in zero vis.

Hotrod

·
Registered
736 Posts
Well, the river is on the way up judging by the graph, but I am gonna say it will be fishable by morning, but maybe not for long. I am going out there first light anyways.... hopefully I am at least a little bit right!! ;D

·
Registered
730 Posts
was at the bottom late yesterday afternoon, nothing but 5 seals all catching fish, got back to the dewdney boat dock where this little fellow-perhaps 8 years old was fishin with his dad and yup little guy got two small hoes right at the launch, bot around the 4-5 pd range, nice work little guy.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
roscoe-pco said:
was at the bottom late yesterday afternoon, nothing but 5 seals all catching fish, got back to the dewdney boat dock where this little fellow-perhaps 8 years old was fishin with his dad and yup little guy got two small hoes right at the launch, bot around the 4-5 pd range, nice work little guy.

I love it when I see this sorta thing!

Hotrod

·
Registered
193 Posts
was at lower end all day...NODDA :wallbash:
saw a couple of nice springs pulled out around 25-30lbs along with a couple jack springs,GET THIS....i actually saw one guy mark it on his licence :thumbup:
water is still in bad condition
fished one bank for about 4 hours ,switching different colors of wool and fake baites as i have no roe :wallbash: a gent with about 5 kids come down right beside us and find a bunch of roe sacs lyin in the edge of the water,they tie one on and BANG,first cast 3.5-4lb jack spring!!
they give us a couple bags AND still nodda lol

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
tazzman said:
was at lower end all day...NODDA :wallbash:
saw a couple of nice springs pulled out around 25-30lbs along with a couple jack springs,GET THIS....i actually saw one guy mark it on his licence :thumbup:
water is still in bad condition
fished one bank for about 4 hours ,switching different colors of wool and fake baites as i have no roe :wallbash: a gent with about 5 kids come down right beside us and find a bunch of roe sacs lyin in the edge of the water,they tie one on and BANG,first cast 3.5-4lb jack spring!!
they give us a couple bags AND still nodda lol
Keep trying... youll get it. And when you get that fish on, it'll all be worth it :cheers:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I fished the lower and upper on Monday.....wow what a gong show....so many cars in all the popular spots.....we did a lot of walking to get away from the crowds.....saw a beauty spring caught in the lower along with a few pinks (all boots) and a coho.....nothing for me...boooooo....upper was crazy busy....found some nice water but again nothing.....heading back up tomorrow for another go at it.....cant wait to hit a big spring.....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fished the lower yesterday. Found a nice little piece of slack 'coho water', and worked it for about 30-45 mins, to no avail. walked downstream about 100yds, looked up, to see someone moving into the spot i just vacated. Within 5 mins, he landed 2 chromers...couldnt tell if ho's or jacks. just my luck.
I swear that river system has it in for me.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.