BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
I know it's late, was there on Tuesday.
SSSLLLOOOWWW :'(.
Saw 2 chum, 1 snagged and bonked even though it was mentioned that it was snagged, 1 sliver chrome wild HO, was released, and a spring.
That's it that's all I saw.
The spring above the Tamahi bridge and the rest at 3 road corner.
Nothing for me or the 3 others in the party.

G

·
I fished lower/mid/upper yesterday and it was VERY !!!! Slow

Now we have a big Wind Storm and Rain coming in tonight and thursday, so the River maybe un predictable for tomorrow.

Check the water graph before heading out .

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup I can confirm the fishing is slow!! Was up at first light, started at the Vedder campground fished a couple of hours there and saw one fish surface nothing on the hook for me or anyone else out there, moved down river to the top of the canal and the same, couple more hours of exercisin' the ol' casting arm and I was done, saw no one hook up anything there either.

· Registered
897 Posts
For me it was a good day today, kept 1 hatchery coho, lost 2 close to shore, released a nice spring jack and had to release 5 wild coho. All fish caught on BC Steel 50/50 spoon (half silver half gold)

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Spoons eh fisherforever, that must have been fun... :thumbup:

Some of us hit the river yesterday and it was a decent day...Fishing roe, wool and blades, we were into at least a coho each, some whites mixed in here and there, etc, etc...although somedays it seems parts of the river are nearly devoid of playful fish, often doing a little hunting throughout the system can provide success...

certainly isn't near over yet... ;)

· Registered
77 Posts
I managed to sneak off work early yesterday and was fishing by around noon time. Since it was midday and according to my past fishing experience(memory) those exclusive cohoes should be settling in around those snag infested, leaders chewing rockfish boulders areas. No I donot fished around Boulder run where all the crowds are ;D

I must walk about 2km along the mid-river section and fished behind some fishery (coho) resting holes. With short leaders and some precision casting with Silex CP reel behinds some spookly waters, I hooked couple wild cohoes, boot pinks and spring jacks. :thumbup: I found one beautiful run which was devoid of another fishermen and proceded to fished it......nothing, strange ??? I figured they must be some big springs at the top end run which was deeper and faster. I changed my leader from 8lbs to 12lbs and with little more weight and bigger glob of peachy yarn I hooked into big boot spring. It was fun until the body, arms and shoulders was aching with pain. :eek:

I said, "the hell with this I am going horse you in" I putted my hand over the Silex and walked backwards. What seem like internally and I managed to got the buck spring close to shoreline. I try to put my hands around his tail so I could remove the hook......this thing was massive. I figured he must weight around 40lbs plus and I wish him best of luck in spawning sucessfully.

Silex-user.

· Registered
909 Posts
Fished from below the boulder hole to just about the on the way store from the back side. tons of bush wacking but tons of open water also. Havent put in a day of hiking like that for years. Did get into a couple of spring boots and one wild ho, didn't see much else happening though. Lots surfacing and flopping around. Haven't fished up there since last year, as I usually work the lower end, man has it changed. I think I know where I'm hiding during steely season :cheers:
Crazy D

· Registered
105 Posts
Worked the mid river from first lite till 2pm and got one chrome coho and three jack springs. All using roe. As mentioned by other members, it was very slow!!! Later in the day I tryed throwing some brass but without much enthusiasm and no results. Was checked by dfo for the second time in a week! That is a good sign. The coho was hatchery, and bonked one Jack which was a mistake , it turned very dark- Smoker bound.

· Registered
102 Posts
Was on the flow today. Worked my way down from upper to lower river. Hit a few springs in the upper, and a couple of Cohos and chums in the middle river, but couldn't land one due to light line. Down in the Canal I had 3 hits, landed a bright Chum doe, took it home for the smoker, and lost 2 others. Water was going up pretty quick in the middle, only 2 inch visibility. The middle is up about a foot, and the lower is up about 2 feet from last weekend and moving fast, there is no little island by KWB any longer. Raining hard all morning, slowed down some and the sun broke in the afternoon a couple of times.

· Registered
61 Posts
was out there today and the water is high and dirty. very little visibility, but it will clear up with the forecast for no rain for the next few days.
I saw quite a few jumping fish but only one caught within my line of sight. I had one bite, but lost it.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Was working in sardis yesterday and checked the water from peach road! Chocolate milk color Day or 2 and it will be fine :thumbup:!

CK

G

·
Its pissing rain here in abbotsford with the clouds moving towards chilliwack area, Rain today Sun tomorrow and for a while as forcasted (THERE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT) May be good for the weekend

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.