BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year I seem to hear about more break-ins on the veddar. Is this more prevalent this year than in the past? Doies the RCMP do anything about these bums? Have they ever set out a decoy vechicle to catch these rats?

I would like to hear some people's thoughts on this subject. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Best thing to do is to leave your car empty and park as near the road or entry to a parking lot as you can. I think there was less glass from broken windows on the road and parking lots last year.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Screw taking pictures. Hog tie them and phone the cops or some other creative disposal.

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
Provoke a person desperate for their next fix by pointing a camera in their face or threatening them with verbal or physical harm could end up hurting you more than losing your sunglasses or spare change left in the ashtray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Theft on the trail heads are down,but if you leave anything of value in plain sight you will lose it ! It might sound silly but if I'm parking at say Peach Rd./ Lickman Rd. I empty my ash-tray change,and other crap into a bag that I put on the roof of my van,I then put a sign in my widow that says.."Hey cracky if you need it it's on the roof don't break my window !!" I've found it missing two or three times a year...Small price to pay !

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't dare bring a spare rod with me anymore-Don't need to have it stolen.
I've only ever seen a couple police cars on the upper chilliwack road.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Theft on the trail heads are down,but if you leave anything of value in plain sight you will lose it ! It might sound silly but if I'm parking at say Peach Rd./ Lickman Rd. I empty my ash-tray change,and other crap into a bag that I put on the roof of my van,I then put a sign in my widow that says.."Hey cracky if you need it it's on the roof don't break my window !!" I've found it missing two or three times a year...Small price to pay !
Why reinforce this behaviour ? Why not just lock up your valuables or better yet don't bring it ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had someone break my drivers side window for a $5 bill in my driveway. The worst part is I never lock my truck, the wife had been hasseling me about it so I locked it for about a week. Then smash. I used to live in a apartment building, every morning the same 6-8 people come out at the same time, so you sort of get to know them. We came out one morning and ALL (20-25) vehicles windows were broken except mine. Try explaining that to a dozen pissed off strangers

·
Registered
604 Posts
A fellow fisherman taught me a little trick that seems to work. He bought a cheap hunting rifle case and when he goes fishing he leaves it open on the front seat in plain view. I guess the would be thieves think twice when it looks like the owner has a rifle on their arm and may be close by. Now I don't know if it's because of the case or not but he says he hasn't been bothered since.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks! Hendy for the interesting tip.

A fellow fisherman taught me a little trick that seems to work. He bought a cheap hunting rifle case and when he goes fishing he leaves it open on the front seat in plain view. I guess the would be thieves think twice when it looks like the owner has a rifle on their arm and may be close by. Now I don't know if it's because of the case or not but he says he hasn't been bothered since.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Man oh Man.. This is a taste of the weekend antics at Lickman Rd.I pulled in early ,gate was open 2 or 3 cars in parking lot. The car parked front and center had a couple screwing !! Was kind of cool..but hey it's a Saturday morning and lots of kids around. I went for a quick fish,"rolled" a good fish at the "Spring Hole" The spot locals know. Walked back to the parking lot..The horny couple was gone. Smashed glass from at least 4 cars on the ground. I hate parking there !!

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Man oh Man.. This is a taste of the weekend antics at Lickman Rd.I pulled in early ,gate was open 2 or 3 cars in parking lot. The car parked front and center had a couple screwing !! Was kind of cool..but hey it's a Saturday morning and lots of kids around. I went for a quick fish,"rolled" a good fish at the "Spring Hole" The spot locals know. Walked back to the parking lot..The horny couple was gone. Smashed glass from at least 4 cars on the ground. I hate parking there !!
Ha ha ha...sounds like that guy was getting more action then u were!

·
Registered
364 Posts
He is saying he would rather pay them a couple of bucks worth of change then to have an ICBC claim deductable from a person bustin in to get the loose change.

·
Registered
93 Posts
We need to have a River watch program. Next time, Throw your wallet on the dash in a break in area and tuck yourself around the corner with a paintball gun. Will see whos been wanting a good bruising.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts