BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vedder water conditions

i was wondering does anyone know how the chedders looking and i know we are suppose to get some more of the wet stuff coming down thinking of heading out for the weekend.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: Vedder water conditions

The Vedder is low and clear. It may bump up a little due to the rain, but it has not been raining heavily in the Wak so far.
The week-end looks good, with some fish starting to show. :thumbup: Enjoy!

·
Registered
274 Posts

scruffy said:
i was wondering does anyone know how the chedders looking and i know we are suppose to get some more of the wet stuff coming down thinking of heading out for the weekend.
Hey Darren,i was there yesterday,water level came up nad start to color up a bit,if it stop raining by tomorrow,it should be good for the long weekend.I will be out again on sunday for more hunting ;),

·
Registered
875 Posts

eddy said:
The Vedder is low and clear. It may bump up a little due to the rain, but it has not been raining heavily in the Wak so far.
The week-end looks good, with some fish starting to show. :thumbup: Enjoy!
Were you out today? When I was there yesterday at 7 it was way up with only 2 feet of visibility at MOST. We also got a lot of rain overnight and it is still raining in the Wack so I would say that it is probably even worse right now. Might clear up for this weekend, good luck.

** Also just checked weather network and they are forecasting another 30-40 mm of rain between now and tomorrow night, just something to think about before heading out this weekend. :cheers: I will take pics tonight and tomorrow if I go out and will post them. :peace:

Dan

·
Registered
517 Posts

Thanks guys, this is a nice report very interesting for people (like me) living far away from the river. Very useful, more than the usual fishing reports posting pics of what caught.
thanks
:beerchug:

Giuseppe

·
Registered
875 Posts

Ok here are your pics. When I went for a look (around 7) conditions were quite fishable to my surprise. Water was up about 6" (estimate) from yesterday and was a little cloudy (only 2-3 ft visi) but still worth a go.

·
Registered
875 Posts

Dont even bother... they wont pick up scents or vibrations in the water right now :wallbash: River completely blown, 0 vis, and up a good at least 1, probably 2 feet since last night. We also got the biggest downpour of rain ever for like 40 mins, so much that the drains in sardis are pushing water back out because there is too much :wallbash: It's like a novmeber blow out, might be going to take pics tonight, not sure yet :cheers:

Dan

·
Registered
102 Posts

LOL, lazy typer,

Actually live in Burnaby.

Hhmmm sounds like this coming Monday might not be a good day to fish the Vedder, but will wait and see how the river shapes up this Sunday. :confused:

Itching for some fishing, as only been fishing twice this year (Sturgeon fishing).

·
Banned
2,859 Posts

when the fishing is just starting to pick up I dont bother driving all that way. when i can stay at home and do something else. however if this was 2weeks from now, you know my a** would be out there. :peace:

·
Registered
875 Posts

HOOK said:
when the fishing is just starting to pick up I dont bother driving all that way. when i can stay at home and do something else. however if this was 2weeks from now, you know my a** would be out there. :peace:
Thats cause the fish dont need to see your bait for them to "bite" it :-X ;D ;D

·
Registered
151 Posts

Based on the photos that “Every Day” was kind enough to post yesterday I went out this morning. Launched my 10 foot boat at Barrow Town and scoped out the Sumas River from the canal down. Only two pike minnow to show for it – but they were kind of fun on my 5 wt.

The river was definitely up but very fishable until I left at noon. There was colour to the water but it was still good for fly fishing. The amount of wood and other debris coming downstream increased significantly during the 4 hours I was out so it seems the river is rising and more colour can also be expected.

No sign of coho at all.

·
Registered
875 Posts

Well I decided to go for a look at around 6:45. River was exactly what I thought it would be.. high and muddy. I went to the crossing to try to get a pic of where the sweltzer creek met the river (contrast between clear and muddy water) but to my surprise even sweltzer was completely blown (I have never seent hat before). I did take a few pics, they dont do too much for what it really looks like, the water is a lot browner than in the pics. Use the rock in the water for visibility.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.