BC Fishing Reports banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna head out tonight but am conserned over harassing those springs......are most really colored by this time, or are there still some decent fish to be had?....I'd hate to head out and start catching fish on their redds.

Secondly, I tried on Monday mid-river but with no success...is it too early? Has anyone been out in the lower?
(I know a few fish may be trickling up)

Thinkin of just bringing the fly rod this time.


Any info is appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
i was out on sunday and managed a decent buck keeped him for the smoker on monday we packed up for some camping fishing,was out last nite and landed another buck but colored up went out this morning for the last time before i pack up and head home and landed another two at first light both relesed to do their thing as they were bright as tomatoes.
River conditions were gin clear in the upper and only seen a couple of kids fishing with trout rods with a upside down float and another fella on a mooching rod with a baitcaster just ripping up the pool i was in.


scruffy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
scruffy said:
i was out on sunday and managed a decent buck keeped him for the smoker on monday we packed up for some camping fishing,was out last nite and landed another buck but colored up went out this morning for the last time before i pack up and head home and landed another two at first light both relesed to do their thing as they were bright as tomatoes.
River conditions were gin clear in the upper and only seen a couple of kids fishing with trout rods with a upside down float and another fella on a mooching rod with a baitcaster just ripping up the pool i was in.


scruffy
It looks like the best time to fight something is early morning or sunset, isn't it?

Giuseppe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts
i went tonight and it was a joke, i didnt even fish , every good upper river spot was full of people swimming and throwing rocks in the river dogs swimming around .... waist of gas

All the good productive red spring holes had people swimming, One guy thought he was a tough guy to show off in front of his girlfirend and tried to swim up river against the current (Probably on drugs and thought he was a fish or something) what a Dumbass !!!!!!! guess who won the guy or the current take a good guess it isnt to hard to figure out !!!

Was also dissapointed to see at one paticular spot (People that fish with me know where im talking about) there was campers there, and they cut down so many F__KEN trees down to burn i thought there was logging going on.. Yes i called it in once again .... Im kind of getting tired of having to make a phone call every damn time i go out there... cant enjoy a peacefull eveing or morning of fishing....

I know this has been dicussed allready and i know everyone has therr rights to the river But I pay to use this river just like everyone else that wants to fish it , where these people get to use it for free take advantage of it and all they do is f**k it up !!!! (Garbage,cutting tress,)

If you wanna go swimming Go to a LAKE or a SWIMMING POOL !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Sad to hear Fish Freak. As far as the lack of enforcement, I have come to the conclusion that if no changes occur this type of ignorant activity will continue and it will get just worse. For example, look at downtown Chilliwack, it has gotten so bad in the downtown core, business owners are closing up shop and moving out. There was supposed to be a plan laid out 4 years ago to improve the downtown core. Nothing came of it, and look at the resulting mess. And for the River Valley is there any longterm plan? Your guess is as good as mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts
My dad owns one of the bigger strip malls in downtown chilliwack and he has nothing but problems going on there with vandalism etc etc !!! it is a joke and I really wish there was more enforcment on the Vedder River.. time to do some house cleaning on this river !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
i know what you mean by the campers cutting down the trees when they sell firewood on the way up :naughty: and the amout of garbage was incredible,the worst part was the toilet paper by the side of the trail and you can only guess what's under it...dirty pigs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts
this is exactly my point, A young girl died tonight tubing with her friends and drownded on the vedder !!!! how many times is search and rescue going to be called out for careless people, i feel for the family for losing there kid its unfortunate, they dont wear life jackets and the river isnt safe to be swimming in , this is just another prime example !! This is why there is deignated swimming areas at lakes where there is lots of people around looking out for each other and swimming pools where there is certified lifegaurd on duty !!!!

There should be no tubing and swimming allowed on the vedder river.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
FishFreak said:
this is exactly my point, A young girl died tonight tubing with her friends and drownded on the vedder !!!! how many times is search and rescue going to be called out for careless people, i feel for the family for losing there kid its unfortunate, they dont wear life jackets and the river isnt safe to be swimming in , this is just another prime example !! This is why there is deignated swimming areas at lakes where there is lots of people around looking out for each other and swimming pools where there is certified lifegaurd on duty !!!!

There should be no tubing and swimming allowed on the vedder river.
This is very bad. I always thought that those people looked too much relaxed drinking beers and laughing while tubing all the way down to the river, jumping here and there without life jackets...
very sad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Hey, it's not the family's fault. It's the governments' fault for not posting "no swimming, tubing, cutting trees, camping, sh*tting in the woods, drinking" signs...isn't it? :wallbash:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
If its the Jam im thinking of its a pretty nasty one and hard to avoid if your tubing. I personally would never tube on the Vedder, These days rivers really dont get the amount of respect they deserve.
I think tubing and swimming on the Vedder is much to popular to just stop it completely. What about having a designated stretch of river for tubers during the summer months? It might not solve much but it could at least aid in the monitering of some of these yahoos.

:2cents: Iron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
It's brutal but people, even younger people (teens), need to think about what they are doing before they go out. I'm certain that her friends will have learned a very harsh lesson and those who read the papers (or whose parents do) should learn from the experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
i've tubed sections of the vedder. and watched people tube sections i wouldn't go near. there's a section below the train bridge (blue heron reserve area) that me and friends will go to to hang out and swim. some deep pools, but not too many places where snags and jams build up. only had one close call where my buddy's younger brother got out of his depth and we pulled him out, but that's life. tubing has lost it's novelty for me, so now i float the river in a kayak or my pontoon boat, where i can go on bigger water, and be in full control with oars or paddle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts
Iron-Head said:
If its the Jam im thinking of its a pretty nasty one and hard to avoid if your tubing. I personally would never tube on the Vedder, These days rivers really dont get the amount of respect they deserve.
I think tubing and swimming on the Vedder is much to popular to just stop it completely. What about having a designated stretch of river for tubers during the summer months? It might not solve much but it could at least aid in the monitering of some of these yahoos.

:2cents: Iron
Deignated Stretch on the vedder for tubing ::) its called go to Cultas lake water sildes and go down the tubing run all day till your sick of tubing.
 
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top