BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had success fishing the springs in the vedder river/chilliwack river. where up river or down river. keith wilson/railroad bridge/lickman/tamahi. going up this weekend and do not know if i should fish up river or down river.

jim

D

·
0 Posts
im going up there two hopefully i get into one of those killers ... where is the best place ortho ?
:)

·
Registered
911 Posts
It's been spotty down the lower end, saw six or seven last night over the course of a hour on the bailey bridge. If we get a couple good days of rain watch out things will turn on. thinking about snorkling from lickman to the bridge of sun if the weathers nice enough.
Crazy D 8)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Across from Lickman ( @ campground) has a really nice pool, as well as just below Lickman by the 4km marker...Have fished Peach road a little, however there is not much space to fish and land if you know what I mean :wink: The river looks perfect other than the fact that there are few fish as of yet...snorkeling would be a great idea...tight lines boys....and if the Vedder doesn't produce for ya, Laidlaw has been really productive over the past week or so...

·
Registered
648 Posts
fished yesterday from 11:00am till 6:00pm.
began below rock quarry, moved to vedder campground, railway bridge, to where the powerlines cross. lots of great looking water, {not the stuff that fell from the sky around 4pm!} no fish.
only saw 3 or 4 others fishing all day. was nice to get back out on the river though. they're coming though, and I'll be ready!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i hope to god there is no flossers at keith wilson bridge!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I stopped in at the tackle shop at Whatcom Road this afternoon, they claim the river has been really slow with few fish showing up so far and the juice was not worth the squeeze.

·
Registered
911 Posts
well the fish must be coming in, saw a seal above the bailey bridge one just above the freeway bridge and one in the sumas canal. where there's seals there's fish :D
Crazy D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Had a report from my buddy that he was fishing just up from where the sumas enters the vedder, short floating(2-4 feet) roe on a size 2 hook with a Drennan float. he lost 2 springs and landed 1 18 pounder. he said he had all his fish took his hook early in the morning to when it starts getting hot then they seemed to just not care. he also mentioned that his size 2 hook was not making sufficient hook-ups with the fish so he is going to try a 3 or 4 in a couple days when he gets back from the similkameen. he also mentioned the water came down a inch or 2 today while he was fishing. LAST THING, he warns that the trout just demolish the roe on the hook if you fish the slow low water. He was throwing his offering in the faster water were the most flow was and they did not seem to bother the roe. tight lines in going up in the next few days and will post my report.

PS; he also mentioned that the main bar at Keith Wilson is getting ready for fishing.

TIGHT LINES MY FELLOW FISHERS

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Why don't fisheries just close this piece of water from just above the bridge to 1/4 mile below....All the snaggers will once again set up camp in the area once the salmon arrive in numbers and the usual idiots will be using gear that would never touch a salmon in any other spot in the river....I don't get it!..................Ortho

1 - 16 of 16 Posts