BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on heading out Sunday if any of todays posts are encouraging. I understand last week the river was still pretty high. Not sure what this weeks warm weather would have done. Also not sure if many fish have started to move into the system yet. May still be a week or so early.

Cheers
Rodnreel

G

·
I wouldnt waist your time going there, the water graph shows the river is still high.. I was just up there 2 days ago looking around and the water is high and dirty

· Banned
67 Posts
was out last weekend exploring not a fish around from top to bottom but the water was easily fishable on the upper river above allison pool, but still high. Below it was quite a bit dirtier but not as bad as some people are whining about you just need numbers fresh of fish since they would be spread out more

· Registered
417 Posts
On http://www.fredscustomtackle.com/report.htm from July 2

CHILLIWACK/VEDDER RIVER- River is now open. Water levels are coming down but river levels are higher than normal. The lower river yesterday had around 1 foot of clarity and the upper river around the limit hole was close to two feet. There have been a few Chinooks caught and as the river clarity improves anglers will have better success.!

If few Chonooks were cought, it means that fish has started to move into river, no? It's been a week since last report. What this report is based on?

How long does Red run last?

· Registered
909 Posts
They'll be in the system till mid august or so then the other runs will start showing up by the beging of Sept. The later in the summer you wait the harder they will be to find. Once this water cleans up a bit, should be dynamite out there. Usually by mid July things are in full swing and the ones that know where to look are usually sucsessful. :cheers:
Crazy D

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
...but then again, if you're the angler who puts some time in and intercepts some nice fresh fish moving in despite the poor reports, because they are starting to come in you know, then won't you be happy you went hunting for big chrome springs even though the most recent reports were poor... ;).

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Now, Rib'....don't you be giving away my secrets... ;)..we all know how many hrs. I have put in with the fly rod looking for that first steelie....I am now in pursuit of my first C/V Spring on the fly..................maybe soon???.................Ortho 8)

· Registered
209 Posts
ribwart said:
...but then again, if you're the angler who puts some time in and intercepts some nice fresh fish moving in despite the poor reports, because they are starting to come in you know, then won't you be happy you went hunting for big chrome springs even though the most recent reports were poor... ;).
I agree. Sometimes you just gotta go out and git 'er dun. And besides, opinions on water clarity vary. I was out yesterday. Didn't go up to the top (water clarity I assume would've been best there, overall) but did hit mid and lower sections. Visibility in the mid section is not great. Fishable, but not great. Lower, visibilty improves. Talked to the guy at OTW, he said about 4 fish were reported caught in the last 4 or 5 days or so. Keeping in mind there aren't a ton of guys fishing (don't think I saw anyone yesterday) reports of fish being caught are going to be low. Put in the time and you might still get rewarded.

· Registered
504 Posts
Hey Guys

Just curious if any buddy has tried right down at the mouth of the Vedder were it meets the Fraser. Thinking that maybe there may be a wack of fish hanging out in some of the deeper slots against the banks. Think I might put the boat in this weekend coming up and go find out. Or off at three now for a bit may try the afternoon during the week.

Centerpin 8)

1 - 20 of 193 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.