BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recommend, driving up the road, parking in one of the road side pullouts, taking a walk along the river bank. If you find a rock painted #30, you're there. But seriously, this map is so old, that many of the spots have either changed, disappeared or moved. Good luck

·
Registered
470 Posts
I don't think there are. As noted above, you can look at Google map to see if there have been any significant changes in the river. If you want higher resolution air photographs of the river from 2000 to 2012, to see how the river has changed, then check out the City of Chilliwack online GIS Mapping system;

http://maps.chilliwack.com/Map.htm

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Its all there on the map you supplied in the link.
O'Byrne Rd.
However the river doesn't twist the same.
What more do you need?

·
Registered
188 Posts
How about get out and hike the river, like all the old timers on this site have done before the internet came along...
Lol why so serious son? I should have used my sarcasm font. I've hiked the river plenty. Unless your going to push me in my wheelchair, I ain't moving soon.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Anybody know what road Dimunchkin is talking about?

trout
Left before the tamahi bridge then first right. Follow Til u see the river. Small parking area with a gate. Follow the road then trail.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Anybody know what road Dimunchkin is talking about?

trout
If you look at the map YOU provided the closest road is o'bryne(spelling). And walk in from there. Gmachine is correct there is a big log in that run( not a bad thing) and also where I seem a guy over his waders trying to land a fish on the backside(where you are lookin to get). Personally I never trekked back there but good luck Ps GPS app are well worth the 10-15$

·
Registered
188 Posts
As long as I keep my phones GPS on while using G-maps, It doesnt freak out that it can't reach a cell tower. Besides, its pretty easy to navigate that river. You just walk downstream and your bound to run into a hoard of people. not too many spots where theres no beaten path, only the less beaten one :)

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I was up above Thurston Meadows yesterday. Only saw about 6 people total and two of them were as I was walking out. I scared a whitetail that had been snoozing under a big cedar on the bushwack out and it jumped up in my face from about 10 feet away! Nearly had to rinse out my new waders....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts