• where to go

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • huh?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am new to this forum and i love it, lots of great info.Planing to head out to the vedder tomorow how are the conditions out there?Where to go?Any hint is good thanks.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
not looking good for the weekend warriors. went to the river after work today at around 3, the river was in good shape and the fishing was good, at 5:20 there must have been a slide because the river turned brown with lots of debrie. not shure what slide let go but definitly was not fishable after that just below slesse slide.

· Registered
898 Posts
Got to my spot at first light(mid river)
First cast spring on

few more cast fish on
big spring
released un harmed

few more casts fish on
5\6lb wild Coho
sorry only managed a pic of the first fish
tricky to take pics with one hand while keeping the fish in the water with the other

lots of fish rising

As sun came up bite went off

So i moved down a bit but nothing doing
so i went back up not much showing

guy fishing near my spot was flossing some springs :mad:

As i was standing with my back to the fence looking at the river
i heard a noise behind me
i turned arround and ahhhh
there was a big brown- :eek:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Llama :pissed:

well i called the Llama a few names with my heart thumping
then i took a picture :happy:

Moved down to On The Way not much happening there
walked down river a bit talked to a Scotish guy who had hooked a few Chum
moved down a bit more to a nice spot lots of springs and chum rising and jumping
so i had a few casts and fish on
big spring
he took me into the fast water twice brought him back into calmer waters then he went mad head shaking like crazy and fish off :-\
never touched a thing after that
left arround 6pm
water is still high and a bit colored should be perfect by Sunday\Monday
I caught all my fish on roe
tried blades and wool to no avail

· Registered
898 Posts
Not to be picky but its a Llama (even though i called it a few other things today)
Lama is a title for a Tibetan religious teacher :thumbup: :thumbup:

G

·
I know that llama as well LOL !!!! last year i was up there with Rick and Merc and when we were walking back to ricks truck the llama bolted right at me from the fence freaked the crap out of me...

· Registered
102 Posts
Hit the river about 9:00 in the morning, mid to upper river. Lots of Coho, and Chum rolling and jumping. Hit the same spot as last time, and a few people were hitting Cohos. At one point I saw one guy hit 5 Cohos on 10 cast. On my 3rd cast my float dropped, and I landed a nice 10 lb hatchery doe Coho, and hit a few more that released themselves. Landed a 14 lb Coho buck hatchery at about noon, and a 12 lb wild and a chum. Took home the doe and the buck. Water was pretty clear I could see the fish with my polarized glasses at times. Used brass #3 Colorado, with 18" leader and less than a foot and half from float to weight on a very slow retrieve. Lost a lot of fish in the logs, oh well, next time. I'll post the photos later. Hotrod this is the spot I PM you about where you can see 20 or 30 of them when the water is clear.

· Registered
102 Posts
Hit the Vedder again today at about 10:00 in the morning and left at about 2:00. Hit the same place as last time and met up with a guy I was fishing beside yesterday. He had already landed a nice buck at that point. I hit 3 Chums, one broke off and took my home made Colorado spinner. The others I landed and released. I then hit 4 Cohos and a Spring. The Spring broke off and I lost the other Cohos at my feet. I did land a 12 lb wild Coho in the morning which was released and a nice hatchery doe just before leaving. Took the doe home. All in all for 3 to 4 hours of fishing I had some good hits and so did the guy I fished with. I didn't run into "nocoho". Maybe next time. I did have a chance to post the photo of the 14 lb buck and 12 lb doe from yesterday. The rains seem to be moving in. I figure another couple of weeks of Coho on Vedder and time to hit other systems.

Tight lines ...

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Hit the flow sat and today yesterday was a short trip got to the flow around 4 pm fished borden cr run hella chum very few coho! Did hook and lose one nice little chrome coho in deeper water float just diped and then was gone! Nice lil fish that got away none the less My buddy i was with managed on hook up with a coho and it was HUGE! I swear the fish looked close to 20 lbs and was very red but fat but it cam unbuttoned in the fast water! Peach wool was the ticket yesterday!

Today we hit the same spot once again and Water was perfect color! Hit and landed on very spunky wild coho very clean to landed and released! Still chum everywhere you look! Dirty as Ribwarts laundry! :p ;) Seen a few coho close to shore in the faster water but no hook ups so we left and went up to where i thought marko was fishing up at the slab! No marko and by the looks of it no coho either! Just dirty chum and springs! I know that marko and HOOK and Wookie i think hit the flow today as well how did you guys make out? Derby nextweekend i hope theres still fish around in the vedder! Good to see where i was fishing not to many people or snaggers for that matter! Any other reports from the vedder/chilliwack today?

CK

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.