BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Vernon on Wednesday, staying with friends at Kalamalka- Any ideas on where fishing might be okay in the area? I just have a tube or could possibly rent a rowboat if available.
Regards

· Registered
4 Posts
Try Aberdeen Plateau

There are several small lakes up on the Aberdeen Plateau that would be easy access for you from Lavington, just east of Vernon. Flyfish Lakes, Hidden Lake or Doreen. If you like you could try Nicklen. You can use your tube, or probably rent a boat from Nicklen Lake Resort, lots of signs to get to the lake I understand.
Drop in to Surplus Herby's in town or Kenkraft Sales on Hwy 6 on the way to pick up a couple of flies, the shops should be able to steer you in the right direction. Been a few years since I fished them as we got a bigger boat so I fish the larger lakes now. Tight lines,
Chainsaw

· Registered
71 Posts
Went to Oyama Lake on the weekend- access is now pretty easy. Only fished a few hours, couple to the boat but nothing of any size. I was trolling flies with a non-fisherman but would have liked to go back and spot fish a couple of the holes that showed fish on the finder. Some nice risers early in the am too. Takes about 45 min from Vernon, 2 wheel drive access now. Boats available at the resort but a belly boat does well there.
Sparky

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Chainsaw- I fished Nicklen, several small fish and went to Doreen the following day. Lots of fish to 2.5 lbs.
Had a tug o war with two loons over one of them. Look forward to trying some of the other lakes next time i'm in the area

· Registered
4 Posts
Loons!!!!

LOL, yes yes, I could tell you some stories about dealing with loons! I guess they have to eat too randya. Anyhow, glad you got out and tied into some fish, hard to find good spots in the middle of Aug when the temp gets hot. We just got back from the Fraser last weekend, 3 of us got our limit of sockeye and a couple of springs, that was a bonus, they are going in the smoker tonight. Tight lines.
Chainsaw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.